Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

SX Jazz bass problems...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by 555, Jun 11, 2004.

1. 555

Jun 21, 2003
    U.K
    I got my 4 string SX Jazz bass yesterday and it's great! (apart from fret buzz on A string - see setup section for my thread) Lovely bass! it came untuned and very floppy strings but i tuned it to standard, raised the saddle heights, adjusted the truss rod, got my tone from my amp and this baby sounds awesome! Great and yet lovely bass.

I have a few questions though...

Is the headstock of the bass suppose to tilt abit forward (not back like Ibanez basses) when you look at it from the side of the neck? Like...

/ <--- Headstock
    |
    | <--- Side view of neck
    |

^ok abit over exagerrated, still don't understand, i'll post a picture ASAP.

Do any of you people that own an SX bass have a problem with the pickups that when you rest your thumb on whichever to play, you can actually push the pickups into the body abit and then when you let go, they come back up to their normal position? How can i get rid of this problem? Put thicker foam beneath the pickups?

Thanks all.

2. I noticed the headstock on mine that I had was a bit tilted forward, it's also the same on my DeArmond Pilot Pro V. As far as the pickup thing, yes you will probably have to put some more foam under it or something to keep it from going down when you put your thumb on it.

3. Get a cheap pair of flip-flops and use that foam. It's denser than regular foam rubber and makes a good support for your pups.

4. 555

Jun 21, 2003
    U.K
    Cool! thanks for the reply guys:D