Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

SX jazz body p/j ash on Rondo

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Alex Wing, Dec 24, 2005.

1. Alex Wing

Alex Wing

Apr 1, 2005
    Boston, MA
    Well, I was waiting for this one before I dipped into the world of SX basses. That's pretty much exactly what I was looking for without the utter blackness of the Aerodyne jazz. But the Rondo website says it's only 7 pounds. Eh? Even if it's swamp ash, it should be at least as heavy as the alder ones at 9 pounds. And if I recall correctly, the website listed the ash jazz (the one with blocks) at 11 pounds. Is the body extra-miniaturized, or what? I notice that it also says this: "Note Sunburst and White ship with black pickguards. Black ships with a white pickguard," which as it apparently only comes in natural, was probably copied and pasted from somewhere else. So perhaps that's the explanation.

But perhaps the thing to do is to e-mail the apparently very affable Kurt fellow and ask him myself. I imagine that's probably the thing to do, but it's hard to get out of the mindset that the collected wisdom of the TB community is not the ultimate authority on all things bass.

2. I've got the Ash Jazz with block inlays and it's about 12lbs :p

3. Alex Wing

Alex Wing

Apr 1, 2005
    Boston, MA
    And I like a nice, solid body.

But I just got this e-mail from Kurt (working on Christmas Eve, at almost 8 Jersey time. Good grief.):

"I have never seen one so I cannot confirm the weight exactly, but all these listings are plus or minus 1 lbs - so I am sure it will be 8 lbs or less

Kurt"

To reiterate: Eh?

4. Maybe it does have a smaller body then? The body on the Jazz I got seems pretty huge to me - though I've never owned a Jazz bass before so that's probably just how a full size Jazz is. I've got another Ash bodied bass that weighs around 8lbs, so you never know.