SX Jbass Beater "First Gig Report"

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by doc540, Aug 10, 2003.

1. doc540

Jul 28, 2003
    Beaumont, Texas
    90 degrees, 100% humidity at the local yacht club party. Metal roof pavilion, concrete floor, big shop fans blowing on a wild but happy crowd consuming barbeque and adult beverages along the edge of the Neches River.

First time in my life I've ever owned and played a guitar about which I had no worries or concerns. I didn't even tote a guitar stand, just leaned it against the wall.

Played great, sounded just fine, and is probably the best $130 I've ever spent on music equipment.

All Hail the Beater! :p
  2. Edwcdc

Edwcdc I call shotgun!

Jul 21, 2003
    Columbia MD USA
    I keep hearing good things about these basses. I might have to pick up a fretless.
  3. Yeah, I got myself one of dems, beauty aint it?

edit: well the essex bg205
  4. brake

Jun 23, 2003
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    I cant wait to get mine. I dont even think I'll mod it unless there are some big faults in the stock stuff
  5. I might drop some EMGs into mine sometime...
  6. I love my SX fretless Jazz, and for the heck of it, I used my store credit up and dropped a set of Barts in. :smug:
  7. doc540

Jul 28, 2003
    Beaumont, Texas
    bttt for the Mon. morn. crew
  8. Selecter

Jun 30, 2003
    Luv my LPB Jazz SX. With TI Flats the thing sounds better than any bass Ive ever played in a music store. And you gotta love the fact that if it gets stolen at a gig youre not out a lot of cash.
  9. Scott D

Scott D

Apr 21, 2003
    Minneapolis, MN
    hey selecter, are those the strings you would recommend on it? i finally got myself the LPB SX J and i love it, but i guess it could use some new strings.
  10. For strings on my fretless SX, I have Thomastik-Infeld Jazz Flats....positively the best flatwound strings on the face of the earth!!!!:cool: :cool: I recommend them to anyone.

P.S. I'm teaching my girlfriend how to play guitar. So far, she's been borrowing her friend's accoustic, and now just before we go off to college (we're going to the same school!) I bought her an SX accoustic for her first guitar. :smug: