1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD SX LTD Jazz bass. Mods Galore.

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by jobu3, Sep 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jobu3

jobu3 Artist formerly known as Big Joe

Feb 17, 2002
    Mountain Top, PA
    PRICE DROP SEE BELOW> UPDATED TRADES.

I just got this from musicelectronix. I was going to keep it but I don't really have the need for a back-up jazz bass. It's a very cool bass but I'm digging my p-bass too much at the moment for what I'm doing.

I am including a nice gig bag with 2 big pockets.

Trade for a digital recorder that has a CD burner in it. See below for price drop and updated trade offers.

Here are the upgrades & disclosures from his original thread:

1 - He replaced the maple neck with a rosewood one, block inlays, bindings and all

2 - He applied 70's style Fender Jazz Bass decal and 7-8 layers of clear coat on top of that (thicker than most). It doesn't show any edges and looks almost stock

3 - He installed brand new Grover Titans (my favorite and IMO the best there is). Here it is, at the bottom left: http://www.basspartsresource.com/bass_tunersgrover.htm

4 - The replacement neck come without the nut slot, so he needed to cut it myself. I couldn't do a perfect job, It turned out to be a little wider than the nut itself. he didn't glue the nut though, thinking I would put a bone nut there at some point. It is at the right location and VERY solid. I will leave it like that, because you might wanna replace the plastic nut.

5 - He replaced the white pickguard with a pearloid one. At this point, I noticed a set of extra screw holes under the pickguard. I recieved it at that condition. Doesn't matter though, they are all under the pickguard.

6 - He put Duncan Designed pickups in, which are the exact replica of SJB-1 vintage jazz bass pickups (even to the cloth wire) according to the seymourduncan.com, only there were made in far east. I do have a bass equiped with SJB-1 and they do sound identical. They are the ones come with VM Squiers.

7 - After he put together everything, bass didn't intonate properly, so he moved the bridge a little back. he (again) noticed there was another set of bridge screw holes under it. After it was moved, two of the top screws became 5% exposed. You need to focus there to see them though

8 - He gave the bass proper setup with Roto rounds. The action is as low as possible, which is pretty low, perfect for finger style.

His Original Thread with pics:
    http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=464530

PM me with questions/offers. :)

2. Pm'd

3. jobu3

Feb 17, 2002
    Mountain Top, PA
    Replied.

Besides digital CD recorders, I will open it up to the following:

Acoustic or acoustic electric basses that play well (medium to low action).

A Radial JDI or bassbone.

All are +/- cash as needed.

Thanks!

4. jobu3

Feb 17, 2002
    Mountain Top, PA
    $225 shipped or $215 shipped without the gig bag.

5. jobu3

Feb 17, 2002
    Mountain Top, PA
    bump.

6. i kindna want it...bad.......

7. jobu3

Feb 17, 2002
    Mountain Top, PA
    Yeah, I'm going to be keeping it for now... I just put my p-bass up f/s instead. Sorry. :meh:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.