1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Sx: Ltd or not Ltd

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by sert, Sep 3, 2008.

1. sert

sert Guest

Nov 26, 2007
    I'm going to buy my first SX bass, I have 2 options..

But then I noticed that one of them was LTD :rolleyes:

SX SJB-75C 3TS
    SX SJB-75 LTD 3TS

I really love the first one. without that brigde and pickups cover would be perfecto for me.

The ltd, I don't like the tuners and the bridge... but they are better.

That's is my question, should I go for the better one (ltd) or the aestheticaly better?

Oh, I'm form Mexico, so i can't return it :rolleyes:

2. DeanT

DeanT Send lawyers, guns and money...

Personally, I'd spend the extra money for the LTD version. It's about three times better than the standard version. The bridge is miles above the standard in terms of sustain and stability. The tuners are more robust, though I'm not crazy about the style.

The LTD really is better in terms of fit and finish as well. I think SX should make the LTD version their standard bass and put the regular version in their kits. It's well worth the extra $50 or so for an LTD.

Here's my SJB-75 LTD.

SXSJB75LTD-1.

3. BobWestbrook

BobWestbrook Mr.

Mar 13, 2006
    Philly suburb
    Yes, very much worth it. I had a shortie jazz LTD, and it was fantastic! I'm very happy with my SX Jazz fiver, but if they made an LTD version of that, I'd be on it in an instant.

4. Where did you get that beauty? Is it a newer or older model? I can only find one LTD on the Rondo website, it is the sunburst color.
    http://www.rondomusic.com/sjb-75ltd3ts.html

5. stflbn

stflbn

May 10, 2007
    Nashville
    The LTD's wander in and out daily, weekly, monthly just depending on when they show up it seems. Not really any time frame. Just gotta keep watch.

6. Kosko

Kosko

Dec 12, 2005
    Buffalo
    Any word on LTD 5s?

7. Are you saying that the Rondo website changes their products that much/often? Or, were you referring to retail store availability?

8. DeanT

It's an older model. I think it's a 2006 or 2007. I bought it used, in mint condition from a SX Bass Club Forum member. I was going to buy the sunburst one (even though I loathe sunburst finishes) then this one came up so I snatched it away. I am a sucker for natural basses.

9. hey

hey

Jul 8, 2006
    Wisconsin
    Not really, they just take the bass off their website when they don't have it in stock, and put it back on when they do.

10. jon118

jon118

Apr 19, 2008
    You're missing this one. I've been wanting to get that particular one, I imagine it would look great with a pearl guard on it.

11. Ohhhhhhh, very nice.
    I saw in another SX thread that somone had a blue quilted top LTD.
    I want them all!

12. DeanT

That's a nice one too. The SX red is a nice color (pretty funky at times and usually not anything like it looks on the web site!)

But I only play short scales, so I'll leave it for someone else.

13. heinpete

heinpete

Apr 9, 2008
    Hesse, Germany
    The LTD neck has some more nicer fretwork. The tuners ar a little bit lighter and smoother working, the bridge is more massive. However I had some issues with the bridge:
    - string spacing is fixed but does not completely align with the pole pieces of the bridge-PU.:meh:
    - for a low sting setting the intonation cannot be reached with the stock bridge location. :meh:

However I could slightly adjust the string spacing and definitely correct the intonation range of the bridge by relocating it about 1cm backwards.:smug: