1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

sx mini review jazz

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Onalargerock, Apr 17, 2009.

1. just got my jazz fantastic bass is comparable to fender mim jazz or squier classic vibe.
    Nuff said.
    10 out of 10 rating based on price/sound/quality of product.

2. BillyRay

BillyRay Supporting Member

Jan 20, 2008
    Quebec
    Glad you liked the bass, altough I didn't understand a word of what you just said.

3. stflbn

stflbn

May 10, 2007
    Nashville
    +11 I have to agree. The poor presentation of the english language keeps your review from carry much weight.

I can tell you're excited, but beyond that...

4. sorry Billy,bottom line the neck size the same as my Fenders the must of changed I read they are huge but thats not what I got.Jumbo fret wire too the size of fenders.

5. Slax

Slax

Nov 5, 2007
    Long Island, NY
    I just got my first SX Jazz this week too. The green 62 one. I was a little skeptical about it because the guitar I got from them was mediocre. The bass didn't disappoint though. It was way better than I expected.

I gave it a quick set up and used it at rehearsal the next day. (Stock strings and all...) I got complements from my band mates about how great the tone was. :)

I couldn't have been happier with mine. The only thing I noticed is that the bridge isn't so great. The saddles can be moved around even when it's tuned. When the saddles move, it throws the intonation off a little bit. I plan on swapping it out down the line...

6. I love that review, it's so abstract but gets to it, you know?

7. WoodyG3

WoodyG3

May 6, 2003
    Colorado, USA
    Review was Fender like orange the same and neck size different but okay while I rate it 10.

8. El-Bob

El-Bob Supporting Member

Oct 22, 2006
    Hamilton, ON
    +1 :bassist:

9. ProfGumby

ProfGumby

Jan 15, 2007
    Michigan's U.P.
    I take it with a grain of salt, the language issue that is. English is not always everyone's first language....

I got the point of the review, as I am sure most of us did.:bassist:

10. Pilgrim

Pilgrim Supporting Member

Capital letters, punctuation and coherent thoughts are your friends.

11. To quote Mush Mouth from Fat Albert..."He-ba said-ba, He-ba like-a-ba da bass-ba...nuff-ba said-ba!"

12. godofthunder59

godofthunder59 God of Thunder and Rock and Roll Supporting Member

Feb 19, 2006
    Rochester NY USA
    Endorsing Cataldo Basses, Whirlwind products, Thunderbucker pickups
    SX are a hot topic here for sure. I like mine................. a lot more than I should for what I spent ! I have been playing and collecting for over 30 years and have seen my share of good and bad products. In my mind you can't beat SX for the price. I like them better than Squiers and I would compare them to MIM Fenders. MIM Fenders do have better hardware, pickups, pots etc. but I don't think the difference in price is justfied. Anyhow here is mine a '75 knock off and btw it plays better than most 70's J basses I have ever owned or played. 75J002.