1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SX MusicMan 5 - Incredible!!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Hambone, Apr 14, 2010.

1. This here is a very, very nice SX MM 5. Lets see if all those TB'ers that were screamin' for Kurt to build an MM copy will come out and vie for this one!

The story is that they were available here in the US for about 5 minutes, during which time, the guy I got this from was able to slip in and buy one before the powers that be shut down the offering. I had a nice Seymour Duncan 3 band MM preamp and Bart MM5 pup that I was going to install but after hearing it in stock form for the first time, I couldn't stand to make the swap for fear of it not sounding as good. Here's the specs

Ash body
    Maple/maple neck w/white binding
    21 fret/34" scale
    Active 3 band pre
    3 layer faux tortoise pg
    ...and it's not that heavy at 9.5 lbs.

I'll stack this one up to ALL the OLP's and SUB's you can throw at it. It growls, it barks, it thumps and it can do all that for you for the lowly sum of $350 + shipping.

Attached Files:

2. Perfect condition...no rash or dings...

Attached Files:

3. Let me clarify...I'm not looking for trades...cash deal only.

4. GregBass1979

GregBass1979

Feb 26, 2008
    Placentia,Ca
    I LOVE mine, wouldn't part with it. You should keep this collectors item and sell it for $1000 25 years from now. In any case, stock form they sound so amazing!

5. Thanx Tony!

I'm glad at least ONE other person thinks this is a pretty decent bass. It's hard to convince people.

Guys, this instrument isn't built like the other SX's. This is a step up from the usual.

6. chasfur

chasfur

Feb 14, 2009
    Elkhart , Indiana
    I'm at work on my droid but ill def make an offer tonight if I can come up with some cash. I think this would be great for my stable of basses, beautiful pics

7. I've been wishing two things lately. That I could have a 'ray back in my arsenal, and that I had a 5'er. This would make both wishes come true... if only I had the money!!!

8. bobwhite

bobwhite

Mar 11, 2010
    You have a PM.

9. bobwhite

bobwhite

Mar 11, 2010
    You have more PM

10. AtomicPunk

AtomicPunk Supporting Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Detroit Metro, MI USA
    I've played one of these before and it was not like the SX's I've seen since, this was a cut above. Bump for a nice bass.

11. bobwhite

bobwhite

Mar 11, 2010
    You have more PM; I'll deduct the paypal fee, per board rules.

Thanks.

12. togglehead

togglehead Supporting Member

Jul 1, 2009
    San Diego, CA
    if this doesnt go to bobwhite...im interested.

13. GregBass1979

GregBass1979

Feb 26, 2008
    Placentia,Ca
    Before owning mine I actually hated musicman's and flat wounds...now I love both. La Bella deep talkin's on mine and it's like warm butter. This definetly was made a cut above the rest at SX and is solid like an American Made one, it surprised me!

14. I knew it would be quick!

Perfect timing Tony! I was just emailing the buyer and saying that the strings are the ones I got on it over a year ago and have plenty of life, but he might want to change just because of their age. I didn't have a clue what might be a good suggestion other than my usual D'Addario nickels or DR High Beams. I like that LaBella suggestion!

15. GregBass1979

GregBass1979

Feb 26, 2008
    Placentia,Ca
    Yeah the La Bella's aren't "dead" like 99% of the rest of the flats out there, I was surprised..they sound "round" on stage but with more warmth and tons of tone. Congrats on the sale! ---Greg