1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SX Owners-What strings do you prefer?

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by Whit Townsend, Jun 1, 2007.

1. Guage specifically, but you can reccommend a brand or type string if you want to. I'm thinking just a reg old roundwound string like a Diadarrio or Rotosound.

Feel the need to put something better than these stock generic cheapos. I think the E is a 100.
    Did Yall stay with 100s or go on up to a 105 or 110?
    If so were there any stability issues with the neck or tuners?

Wondering there might me issues since they come w/such a lighter ga string, and Rondo only stocks Diadarrio 100s.

I prefer the feel of roundwounds over flats, but like the sound of flats. Would consider some if they wernt so stiff, a lighter ga maybe?

2. 1kinal

1kinal Supporting Member

Jan 18, 2006
    Montreal, Qc. Canada
    Endorsing Artist: SIT strings
    The stock SX strings are sh*t...

I put DR Sunbeams on my 70's jazz SX and they are wonderful. Smooth feeling, great sound, long life. Everything you could want...

3. ishouldbeking

ishouldbeking

Feb 5, 2007
    Hollywood, CA
    Endorsing: SIT, Eastwood, Hanson
    Just got my SX p-bass last week, and yeah, the strings aren't so hot. Not terrrible, but not good. I'm about to string up with TI flats whenever they arrive in the mail (hopefully today or tomorrow), I'll have to see how they do on the SX

4. optikhog

optikhog

Apr 2, 2007
    St. Peters, MO
    After much reading on TB, I picked up a set of TI flats for my SJB-75 (as well as a new bridge) and used them for the first time at rehearsal last night. I am *totally* blown away by the change in the bass - it has gone from weak and anemic to a serious contender for my primary bass spot.

I was summoning everything from JPJ to Larry Ghaham with the TI's and had no boominess and just enough high-mid to stand out. I play rounds on most of my basses but I may be changing out some others in the near future.

5. billbass1

billbass1

Jan 31, 2007
    Pennsylvania
    Fender nickel round wounds

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jan 22, 2021