1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SX P/J Wiring options

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by dave120, Oct 22, 2005.

1. dave120

dave120

Jun 27, 2005
    Central Florida
    So I'm going to be changing the electronics out in an SX P/J bass and am trying to figure out which option would be best to use before I order parts.

The pickups are going to be a SD Hot for P Bass in the P spot and a SD Hot Stack in the J spot. There's 3 spots in the pickguard for knobs, but I guess I can add one somewhere if I need to. The stock setup I think is Volume, Volume, Tone.

I'm sort of leaning towards having a single volume and tone knob just because it's less confusing and I don't feel like messing with blending and all that stuff. That leaves me one spot which I'm thinking of putting a 3 way switch in there, for P/both/J. what do you guys think of that idea? Or is there a better solution? Any ideas would be appreciated, thanks!

2. Minger

Minger

Mar 15, 2004
    Rochester, NY
    If you don't feel like messing with individ volumes, you can go volume/Blend/Tone or soemthing like that...