Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

SX P/J Wiring options

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by dave120, Oct 22, 2005.

1. dave120

dave120

Jun 27, 2005
    Central Florida
    So I'm going to be changing the electronics out in an SX P/J bass and am trying to figure out which option would be best to use before I order parts.

The pickups are going to be a SD Hot for P Bass in the P spot and a SD Hot Stack in the J spot. There's 3 spots in the pickguard for knobs, but I guess I can add one somewhere if I need to. The stock setup I think is Volume, Volume, Tone.

I'm sort of leaning towards having a single volume and tone knob just because it's less confusing and I don't feel like messing with blending and all that stuff. That leaves me one spot which I'm thinking of putting a 3 way switch in there, for P/both/J. what do you guys think of that idea? Or is there a better solution? Any ideas would be appreciated, thanks!

2. Minger

Minger

Mar 15, 2004
    Rochester, NY
    If you don't feel like messing with individ volumes, you can go volume/Blend/Tone or soemthing like that...