SX Purchase Question

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by timidbassist, Oct 17, 2005.

1. Well I have heard so much about how good SX basses are for the money, and I found the 5 string limited model on their site to be very sweet looking and am interested on how much they cost and where to buy them. I could not find anything talking about dealers or online purchasing on their site. Where did you guys buy yours, or even if you dont have them do you know where to buy them or order them?
    Thanks in advance,
  2. sells some.
  3. truckin88

Oct 18, 2001
    Newburgh, NY
    that is their brand, rondo makes them
  4. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    They distrubute them , i dont think they are solely responsible for making them.
  5. BartmanPDX

BartmanPDX Supporting Member

They are made in China, and Rondo music is their main (sole???) dealer in the U.S.

Rondo music also sells them on ebay. Search for "sx bass"
  6. Seems odd that barely any of the stuff on SX's website is for sale at Rondo. Oh well I will wait to see if it comes up. Thanks for everyone's response so far!

Another question though, are the pickguards on those jazz basses replacable with normal Fender pickguards or are the slightly different dimensions?

Thanks again,
  7. Rondo don't make SX basses. They sell them.

The people that make them can be found here:

8. Eilif

Eilif Supporting Member

Oct 1, 2001
    Kurt at Rondo gets stuff in big shippments, so while he never carries the whole line (some stuff on the sx website isn't even in full production yet) when he does get a shippment in, you will notice a whole lot of different instruments suddenly appear on his site, and over time the number will taper off to what is now. If the past is any measure, he is due for a shippment soon. In fairness, have you ever seen a dealer that carries every instrument in the Fender line?

Most folks have found that with a bit of trimming at the neck pocket and the possible redrilling of a few screw holes, fender guards will fit. Though I have no experience myself with changing pickguards.

Oh yeah. SX Rocks! get one!