Sx replacement stuff

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by lamarjones, May 18, 2007.

1. lamarjones

lamarjones Supporting Member

Aug 27, 2002
    Raleigh, NC
    I have just got a SX 5 string jazz bass, the ash body maple neck and board type.

I want to swap out the j pups, bridge (want to shoot for something with 19mm spacing) and tuners.

What kind of parts have you guys swapped out on these guys? I need to know what kind of j pups I can drop in, what kind of tuners will fit the holes (4+1), and also how bad do you think the strings are going to be off the board if I do go with a brdige that has that full spacing. I am thinking, past the 15th fret I probably won't care. This probably will be primarily a slapper for me.

2. luknfur

luknfur

Jan 14, 2004
    DIXIE
    FWIW:

see FAQ the Bass mod link (choosing pickups) in the first paragraph of Dimento's Trouble Shooting Guide.

Never replaced tuners - but I'd bet like the rest of bass parts they don't make two the same, which leaves you with measuring the existing size and finding ones to match. If the bass stays in tune I'd leave 'em alone. Somebody in the luthier forum may know off hand about fit.

3. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 30, 2021