Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

SX SB-301? is it a good bass?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by shaunze, Apr 7, 2004.

1. shaunze

shaunze

Apr 6, 2004
    Astoria Oregon
    title kinda says it all. i'm a beginner, and looking at it for a first bass, and it's fretless, but still has the fret lines, so would that make it any harder? any help would be greatly appreciated! thanks!

2. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Says who its fretless?

3. E-rock

E-rock

Mar 3, 2004
    Chicago, IL
    The SB-301 is NOT fretless. I personally think that bass is kinda cheap looking. All of the other basses they offer look pretty decent though.

4. shaunze

shaunze

Apr 6, 2004
    Astoria Oregon
    oops! sorry about that! but more about the amp. is that a good amp? it's not to big, which is handy to practice with, and since you suggested it, i'm guessin it's pretty good quality? right?

5. I honestly don't really know that much about the amp. It's a lil practice amp, 15 or so watts (not too sure) but I see it being suggested alot to beginners and they all seem to be happy with it, so that's why I mentioned it.

6. shaunze

shaunze

Apr 6, 2004
    Astoria Oregon
    good enough for them, good enough for me! it's a 20 watt, and that seems to be a good practice size, so thanks for the idea!