1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD SX Short Scale Jazz: Complete except for electronics, Excellent Shape with Gig Bag

Discussion in 'For Sale: Parts, Strings, and Accessories' started by Doctor Hugocat, Feb 12, 2016.

1. Price:
    I'm selling my sweet little SX short-scale jazz bass. It's complete except for the electronics and includes the SX gig bag. It has been professionally set up and is almost indistinguishable from new. For $30 it's crazy: I just want a decent home for it. I don't have time/skills for shipping, so this one is local pickup only at ZIP 91401.

I bought it as a highly-modded bass with Nordstrand preamp and DiMarzio PUPs. I put it up here as a complete bass, but couldn't get a sale so I've taken the electronics for another project and just want a good home for it.

The strings are almost new Ernie Balls and the bass had a proper set up: it's hardly been played since new. When it was modded, it was fitted with a rear-mounted battery box and a side-jack. All work was done professionally. When it was playing it had nice low action and it weighed just 7lbs 6oz with the electronics. The neck is nice with no nasty fret ends. Pickguard is included but not pictured. The SX gig bag is also in excellent shape, just a bit dusty. If you want to come play it you can: it's still tuned up so you can get a feel for it. It won't make a loud noise though. :D

If you want some pickups and electronics for it I can include Fender PUPs and complete wiring from a MIM Jazz Bass for another $30. There are the later ones with 'standard' size bridge pickup. It would include control plate and even the knobs: put it together and you're in business for $60.

Anyway, PM me if you're interested. If I don't get any bites I guess I'll throw the body away and keep the neck in case I ever want another short scale. Sorry for the crappy pics, but ask any and every question. Thanks for looking!:bassist:

Attached Files:

2. dusterdan

dusterdan

Feb 24, 2014
    So Cal
    You ever find yourself in OC? If so, we could meet up I'd happily buy this from you:)

3. Orange Caesar

Orange Caesar

Nov 27, 2014
    NorCal
    Or if your happen to be in Norcal :D

dusterdan likes this.
  4. praisegig

praisegig Supporting Member

Jul 7, 2008
    Stephenville, TX
    If you decide you could ship, I would love to make it playable donation bass for students.

Orange Caesar likes this.
  5. Thanks for the responses guys: unfortunately work leaves me absolutely no chance for shipping anything that won't go in a USPS pre-paid box.