1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD SX SJB-62 4-String Bass

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by giantjerk, Jul 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. giantjerk

giantjerk

Jan 18, 2003
    Allen, TX
    I've got a couple basses that I need to move due to some issues on the family home front.

Second up is a SX SJB-62 4-string bass in 3 tone sunburst.

Basic specs are Alder body, Maple neck with Rosewood fretboard and dot inlays, tort pickguard, newer roundwound strings, width of the neck at the nut is 1 9/16".

I got this bass with the tort pickguard on it, it is either a Fender or Allparts and I added a Fender Jazz chrome control plate. I don't have the original chrome bridge or pickup covers.

The neck on this bass is absolutely the best neck I have ever seen or played on a SX. The fret ends are nicely dressed, no sharp edges and the frets have absolutely no wear whatsoever. The action is nice and low, this simply a great playing bass.

Here is the down side, there are 2 chips on the body, one on either side of the neck pocket, they are not terrible but they are there and there is one slight indentation of the clearcoat with some minor cracking just above the neck pickup. I have shown it with a penny so you can get an idea how big it is, in reality it is about the size of a pencil eraser. Again, this is not terrible, its stable and should not get any worse with time.

I'd like to get $115 shipped. Any form of payment is ok.

2. giantjerk

giantjerk

Jan 18, 2003
    Allen, TX
    Two more

3. giantjerk

giantjerk

Jan 18, 2003
    Allen, TX
    I forgot to mention that the stock nut has been replaced with one that is much nicer.

4. giantjerk

giantjerk

Jan 18, 2003
    Allen, TX
    SOLD

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.