1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SX SJB-62 Short Scale Fretless

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by wideyes, May 9, 2010.

1. wideyes

wideyes

May 9, 2007
    Eugene, OR
    *********** SOLD ************

This is an old headstock, short scale fretless jazz with a lovely sunburst finish. It really is a good looking and feeling instrument. Purchased new from Rondo in October of last year, and this is the second one I ordered (sent back the first, quality was not up to par). For an SX, this one is pretty sound: pole pieces on the pickups line up very well, neck fits straight and tight in the pocket with no need for adjustment, pickguard and control plate are not fighting each other, etc. It has a small chip in the finish by the neck pocket and a very minor ding under the output jack (too small to get good photos of). It also has some minor disfiguration of the rosewood on the side of the fretboard between the nut and the first fret - it came like this from the factory and is strictly cosmetic. In all other regards it looks very lightly used and is in excellent condition.

Tone-wise it's pretty upright-bassish. It's very woody, with plenty of punch and a very plucky attack if you want it.

It's completely stock. However, I have: shimmed the neck to facilitate lower action, and I'm sure an experienced tech could get it even lower. I have shielded the control and pickup cavities with copper foil. I've also done a setup and intonation on it. It's not a pro job, but I promise it'll play better out of the box than a new one from Rondo. I've also rotated the string tree 90 degrees so the string trenches are perpendicular - that way, it won't eat into your strings. Works nicely!

All in all, this is IMO about as good as a completely stock SX has the potential to be. $120 OBO shipped in the CONUS.

Attached Files:

2. wideyes

wideyes

May 9, 2007
    Eugene, OR
    Bump: It weighs in the neighborhood of 7-8lbs. Not light, but it's a shortie so that helps!

3. wideyes

wideyes

May 9, 2007
    Eugene, OR
    hump-de-bump

4. wideyes

wideyes

May 9, 2007
    Eugene, OR
    my-girlfriend-wants-this-out-of-the-house bump!

5. wideyes

wideyes

May 9, 2007
    Eugene, OR
    Make me an offer!

6. BassZach

BassZach

May 1, 2009
    would you consider a trade?
    please reply in a PM

7. wideyes

wideyes