1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SX SJB-62CT

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Nicholai91, Mar 24, 2009.

1. Nicholai91

Nicholai91

Nov 19, 2007
  2. gomania16

gomania16

Jan 24, 2009
    It looks sweet but it's a lefty, utterly useless to me. I do like the covers and 'burst though. I wish they made one in 2TS. Have you been to sxguitarspain.com ? They have some nice stuff too. But from what I've heard they don't respond. They have a nice vintage yellow with a bound maple blocked neck that I like. I don't know if they ship to good ol' USA. Get it if you like it!:hyper:

3. It looks backwards. ;)

I bought one of these in a right-handed fretless version a few years ago and really liked it. The only problem was the 'tortoise' pickguard was little weird. Indoors it looked brown... outdoors it looked purple. A really bizarre thing.

4. Nicholai91

Nicholai91

Nov 19, 2007
    Sorry, I'm a leftie. thats why I posted that specific one haha.

The bass itself is really cheap.
    it makes me wonder if the saying "You get what you pay for" applies to this situation?

5. Steveaux

Steveaux Safe-Guardian of the Stoopid Supporting Member

Jul 1, 2008
    The Wilds of NW Pa.
    Search "Essex".

6. kjpollo

kjpollo

Mar 17, 2008
    CT
    My wife got me the SPJ-62 for Christmas and you cant beat it for what you pay.
    (mine is a P body with P & J pickups-white w/black pg, rosewood board, fretted)

They are great basses on a budget. I had no issues with mine but from what I've read, if you get the bass and there's a problem, the customer service is top-notch.

I hope to add a Jazz for my birthday/Father's Day, (possibly a fretless).

Do a search under "Essex" and you'll find tons of threads about them. (Dont use "SX" because its not enough letters for our on-board search engine).