SX SJB-62MG LPB Review / Fender Jazz Bass Clone (With Pics!)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by troyus, Jan 23, 2009.

1. guizzy

guizzy

Nov 17, 2008
    Montreal
    You know, I had my SX shipped to canada NEW for that same price in Canadian money. And mine was a more expensive model (natural ash 5-strings)

So yeah, the guy's bass isn't selling because he's selling it for about the same price that it costs new (considering new strings). It would be the same for most instruments (and most commodities, actually!); they lose value once they're no longer new. SX or otherwise. And some excellent basses are notorious for losing much more value than they should (G&L comes to mind).

2. quick search of Toronto Craigs..

another one..

Squire Bass and Peavey Max 110 Amp - $250
    Reply to: [email protected] [?]
    Date: 2009-01-25, 7:19PM EST

asking 250 but obo applies... 4 string bass and amp... good for beginners.. i bought it not to long ago and dont play as i am a guitar player...

thanks

3. Spinal Tapper

Spinal Tapper

Nov 15, 2007
    Chicago
    I'm trying to find this bass available from their site but can't. Does this mean it's not available anymore?
    Can they do any other color options w/ matching headstock? I really want a fretless w/ matching headtock...

4. guizzy

guizzy

Nov 17, 2008
    Montreal
    I fail to see any point being made. So Squiers lose a lot of value, and someone trying to sell a used instrument for the same price it sells new (without any "vintage" claim) can't seem to find a buyer, I guess?

5. ishouldbeking

ishouldbeking

Feb 5, 2007
    Hollywood, CA
    Endorsing: SIT, Eastwood, Hanson
    your point? you're not even making an argument. the fact that people try to sell them for more than they might be worth somehow devalues an entire line of instruments in your eyes? to respectfully disagree is one thing, but to endlessly TROLL, is quite another.

6. I asked the same thing, and it seems the Jazz you're looking for [matching headstock] is out of stock -- for now at least.

7. WoodyG3

WoodyG3

May 6, 2003
    Colorado, USA

Okay, I wasn't going to get into this, but what the heck has that got to do with this thread and SX basses? :rollno:

8. Its Nordstrand...did you cut and paste someone's gear list?

9. What does anything he says have to do with anything? He runs around looking for SX threads so he can talk about how much he doesn't want an SX. I'm sure he posts elsewhere, but I don't remember, probably because he wasn't going out of his way to make an ass of himself.

10. You're talking about a cheap bass guitar not world issues.

Actually I'm sitting at my desk and there must be a few threads a day and I ignore a bunch of them...I like reading reviews hmm:

Well, that hurt because I like to help anyone if I can and try my best to use my over 25 years of musical equipment buying experience to you :)

11. Skarekrough

Skarekrough

Aug 7, 2006
    By that definition I have over 30 years of grocery buying experience....

What both have in common though is that neither of them really mean jack, Jack.

12. Musical equipment not grocery's...did you paint your microphone yellow? and think it was a Banana? put a dress on your Bass cab?

13. savit260

savit260

Mar 6, 2006
    Boston
    ... and not one minute of those 25 years was spent playing or even holding an SX in your hands, so how is your commentary on the brand, based on youtube videos, usefull to the readers, as compared to those that actualy own, play and gig these basses?

If your opinion was based on some real world experiences with the actual brand, I'd cut you some slack, but it clearly isn't. Closeset you've come to real world experience with an SX bass, is with a Chinese made replacement neck for your Ibanez, of unknown origin.

14. I'm not selling anything...you are promoting a bass and some kid might look up to you and respect your opinion. You're basing your opinion on a bass you received in the mail and vouch that some kid is going to get a "great bass for the money"...

[​IMG]

15. WoodyG3

WoodyG3

May 6, 2003
    Colorado, USA

Your profile says you play an Ibanez Roadstar II. You might remember when those basses were made there was a lot of talk about "those cheap Japanese" basses. Many people didn't take them seriously. Now they are considered gems.

Maybe you've said before, I certainly haven't seen most of your posts, but have you ever actually played an SX?

16. WoodyG3

WoodyG3

May 6, 2003
    Colorado, USA
    Tell the truth, Marty, you had a few drinks at lunch, didn't you? :D:bag:

17. I went and did a call...I plow snow for a living. I only have beer on the weekends.

18. savit260

savit260

Mar 6, 2006
    Boston
    Yes Marty, and I do that with real world experience backing up my opinions. Anyone who wants to bother to check me out, can see that I do own and gig these basses. I'm not alone in my opinion either. There are plenty of others here, some who own very high end stuff, who say basicly the same things I do about SX gear.

Am I selling SX basses? If I am, I haven't recieved any monitary, or any other kind of compensation. ;)
    I'm just a customer that's had a very positive experience, and willing to share those experiences.

So... I'm basing my opinions on these insturments being a great value, and a nice platform to upgrade if desired, on real world experience, and nearly 30 years playing experience.

What are you basing your opinions of SX gear on? Youtube, and some kind of bias about Chinese made products?

EDIT: Sadowsky owners, raise your hand if you recieved your bass in the mail. Are those junk too?

19. Skarekrough

Skarekrough

Aug 7, 2006
    Sounds about accurate.

And for anyone in this thread that actually has owned an SX, they've actually got more real-world experience on the topic than you do.

It astounds me that someone will talk smack about something they've never laid their hands on....

Enough people have gotten great SX basses from Rondo to make the statement accurate. The only thing that gets talked up more is their customer service.

Seriously...what's your damage?

20. LOL...I think I might risk getting a Sadowsky lemon.

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Sep 22, 2021