Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

sx sjb-75c

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by bigmcgiv, Apr 5, 2005.

1. bigmcgiv

bigmcgiv

Mar 29, 2005
    WILKES-BARRE PA
    im lookin to buy one of these but i have a ? does the pickup guard interfere with play.? and what is the plstic peice on the pick guard? tks. matt :)

2. I haven't played one, but I can pretty much answer your questions. The chrome ashtrays take a little bit of getting used to, but I actually like the pickup cover on my old p-bass. It almost seems weird and unweildy to play a bass without it now. They're also removable, if you don't like it. The plastic piece is a thumb rest. They aren't really useful for most players, but it was put on for vintage appeal.

3. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    bigmcgiv,

1. The pickup covers are removable. If you don't like them, they come off with two screws.

2. The thumbrest is removable too. Some like 'em. I don't so I take them and my covers off my basses.

4. bigmcgiv

bigmcgiv

Mar 29, 2005
    WILKES-BARRE PA
    ill guess ill leave them on but it must make string change a pain in the ass. :bassist:

5. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Well, you have to remove the bridge pickup to change strings.

Play with them and if you don't like 'em take em off. Jaco did.

6. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

I have an SX jazz for sale that's tricked out with new (and mmmuch better) pickups, bridge, etc. Click my sig...

7. Kenbuntu

Kenbuntu

Jun 6, 2005
    Ontario
    You do????buddy ill buy it if you still got it.

8. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    I tried a Marcus Miller @ GC last week. It had a pup cover. My hand just naturally fell beside it and I played with little adjustment to my hand position. I thought it gave me an index point to press the side of my hand against that is similar to resting my thumb on the neck pup.

9. Keep in mind Kenneth that it is very poor manners to change your mind once you offer to buy someone's gear.....

10. Kenbuntu

Kenbuntu

Jun 6, 2005
    Ontario
    i know but he said taht if he finds somone else he wont wai for me...if i say i might buy it doesnt mean that i am obligated to buy it.

11. illidian

illidian

Jul 2, 2004
    He posted that over three months ago. If you really wanted to buy it, you would search the classifieds for his ad.

But you probably won't, so I'll tell you. Quadzilla had it on the Classifieds for awhile but it didn't sell after awhile, so he put it up on eBay. I bet you could've found that by using the search tool.

12. Kenbuntu

Kenbuntu

Jun 6, 2005
    Ontario
    srry master. :(