1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SX Stats...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by SnakeAnthony, May 10, 2006.

1. Ok, before I get to the real point of this thread, let me state. I DID DO A SEARCH ON THIS. IT TURNED UP NO USEFUL INFO. I also checked the rondomusic site and found nothing on this either.

Ok, what is the string spacing on the SX SJB-75C 4+1 Ash Jazz model? The site only hade neck width. Also, what are the pickup sizes for the same model. I need to know so I can know which pickups to order when I do. Lastly, will standard 5 string jazz pickguards fit on these basses?

Thanks.

2. Bumpity Bump-Bump....

No one? :ninja:

3. pointbass

pointbass Jersey to Georgia Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Nov 4, 2004
    Acworth, GA
    Endorsing Artist: FBB Bass Works
    5 string spacing is tight, compared to the standard SX 4's. Most of the SX 4's are supposed to be 19mm (really more like 18.5 mm), but the 5 is a tight 17mm (that's generous, it's really a bit closer to 16.5mm).

For me, the big problem is at the nut. Unless I'm mistaken, the nut width is the about the same for both the 4's & 5's making things really crowded up by the headstock.

Sorry I can't help with the PG's and pups .... I'm sure some SX gear-heads will be checking in to let you know about that ... :cool:

4. Triclops

Triclops Guest

Jan 14, 2006
    I have one on the way, and will be swapping the pickguard , pickups pots and bridge upon arrival, I will try to post my findings when I am done! heres a before and after photoshop of the project...

5. Pointbass, is it possible to slap on the bass? I'm ok with my Cirrus' 17mm spacing as far as slapping goes, is it ok to do on this bass as well?

Also, hows the B-string?

And Triclops, I would be much appreciated if you would PM me upon its arrival with that info.

6. pointbass

pointbass Jersey to Georgia Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Nov 4, 2004
    Acworth, GA
    Endorsing Artist: FBB Bass Works
    Lots of cats are slapping on 5 string SX's, guess it depends on your slap style. That's a little too tight for me, but I'm not a busy slap player anyhow .....

The B-string is reasonable, decent definition in the 1st thru 5th fret position but lacks clarity & character in the upper frets. Someone siad SX started putting better strings on the stock basses, so maybe that'll help some. But over all, pretty decent B for a bass in that price range ...... :cool: