Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

sx stock bridge to bad ass bridge

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by whoblowsthere, Jan 21, 2005.

1. whoblowsthere

whoblowsthere

Dec 28, 2004
    los angeles
    before i buy a bad ass bridge for my sx will the bridge fit and will it cover the holes on the top of the stock bridge? oh yea and do i need 2 do any extra stuff or i just unscrew the bridge then screw in the new bridge?

2. Hurley

Hurley

Feb 12, 2004
    Cape Cod, MA
    I just installed one on my fretless Jazz. The bolts line up, or they should. You'll need to file the saddles to hold the strings too. There was a thread about this a day or so ago. Search for "badass" (one word).

3. whoblowsthere

whoblowsthere

Dec 28, 2004
    los angeles
    thanks!!!
    rock on :bassist:

4. a badass II is a direct replacement for an SX Tin/bend bridge? was not aware of that.

nino posted pics in the thread about halfway down the page in a thread about a mia standard to bad ass switch. shows you how your supposed to file the slots in the BAII.

5. whoblowsthere

whoblowsthere

Dec 28, 2004
    los angeles
    It should be because it has those 5 screws. I asked Kurt from Rondo and he said it fits too.

6. whoblowsthere

whoblowsthere

Dec 28, 2004
    los angeles
    I was also wondering... after i file the saddles do I have to do anything else? I'm a noob so I've never did anything like this(what do you expect I'm 12). On the back of the package it also says something about calibrating the harmonic tuning or something like that. And how would you know where to file the saddles? Is it easy because i was thinking of taking it to Guitar center or something like that.

7. Hurley

Hurley

Feb 12, 2004
    Cape Cod, MA
    If you're unsure at all, I think you should take it to GC. As someone else on here said, "you can't unfile the saddles." It's cheaper to have it done right once than to have to buy another bridge.