SX Ursa 2 MN 6 string fretless. Owners, I need your reviews

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Minirehak 212, Apr 7, 2016.

1. Minirehak 212

Minirehak 212

Mar 7, 2015
    Milwaukee
    Before I start let me just say I did search and I couldn't find a lot on the 6 string fretless version.
    Now I'm pretty certain that my next bass will be this Screenshot_2016-04-07-13-38-44.png I've been really wanting a 6 string fretless and at just over 200 shipped this seems perfect for me. I should be ordering it within the next couple weeks and I just wanted to get some general opinions on it. I dont reallycare about the weight, string spacing or neck shape. I'm just mainly concerned about the fit and finish of it, to get into detail the binding and blocks. I have a Douglas 6 string guitar and the binding is not perfect, I just wanna see what it's like on this bass. If any of you own one or did I'd love to hear your experience with it. Thank you :)

2. Minirehak 212

Minirehak 212

Mar 7, 2015
    Milwaukee
    So nobody has one? I'd really love at least a couple opinions before I place the order

3. dabbler

dabbler

Aug 17, 2007
    Bowie, MD
    Like you, I have not seen anyone do a review of the fretless. Bassbenj made a fretless by replacing a fretboard on one of his fretted ones though.

I am not a stickler on little details, but since I do have 5 fretted Ursa 2 6es, I will say that they are very good values, in case the fact that I have 5 wasn't a clue. I have little reason to believe that there is a significant difference in quality between the fretted and fretless versions.

Minirehak 212 likes this.
  4. Minirehak 212

Minirehak 212

Mar 7, 2015
    Milwaukee
    I saw a lot of the fretted but I was just surprised that there were prettymuch none for the fretless. I do have a 6 string Douglas bass too and the quality is just amazing for the price so I was expecting the SX to be about the same. The only thing I changed out was the preamp.
    I normally don't care about little stuff like that but I'm just curious about it. It is no way a deal breaker for me. This is how it is on the guitar, not really noticeable from a foot but up close it is 20160410_201955.jpg With any luck I should be ordering within the next few days. How quick is shipping usually?

5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 19, 2022