SOLD SX Ursa 5 String Bass

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by ColdEye, Dec 27, 2016.

1. ColdEye

ColdEye Supporting Member

Oct 22, 2015
    San Diego, CA
    Price:
    Strings:
    Really thought I was going to get into 5s, but I prefer my UB now. This currently has the Kellingsound solderless control plate, I is included in the price. It comes with the previous control plate and controls, nothing wrong with it, I just wanted to try the kellingsound one. Pickups are really good for something not that expensive. Neck is straight, never been dropped etc. Currently has Sadowsky Blues, nicest low B i tried. Currently for local meet up here in SD, Im not really keen on shipping it as I dont have a box for it. Unless you are fine with me shipping it disassembled. Does not come with a strap. I can include a gig bag as well if I find one. Will trade for some gut strings or, a long shot with this one, an AIS Nikon lens. PM me for questions.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 15, 2017
  2. aborg1

aborg1

Jan 8, 2012

Can we get a pic of the headstock ?

3. fruitlabor

fruitlabor Supporting Member

Apr 6, 2007
    image.jpg
    The black inlays are usually the newer headstock. Most old ones have white.

4. ColdEye

Oct 22, 2015
    San Diego, CA
    I will get some pictures today in the evening. It's actually the paddle looking headstock. Logo has been sanded when I got it. Thanks

5. Lou Bottini

Lou Bottini

Feb 25, 2004
    NorCal
    So, that's two different basses pictured? Which one is for sale?

6. RyanJD

RyanJD

Apr 19, 2011
    Iowa
    Are you still in SD? Eastern side, by chance?

7. RyanJD

RyanJD

Apr 19, 2011
    Iowa
    I'm guessing it's like this:
    ursa2mnash5na1.jpg

ColdEye likes this.
  8. ColdEye

Oct 22, 2015
    San Diego, CA
    The first picture, the one I posted. Thanks.

9. ColdEye

Oct 22, 2015
    San Diego, CA
    Yes I am in San Diego, I'm on the north side but I can meet up anywhere. It does look like the picture you posted. Thanks

10. RyanJD

RyanJD

Apr 19, 2011
    Iowa
    Oh wow. I'm a moron. I thought you meant South Dakota... :dead:
    (It was late when I was on TB last night...)

ColdEye likes this.
  11. ColdEye

Oct 22, 2015
    San Diego, CA
    Will trade for dimarzio area J, stacked knob wiring kit for jazz bass, and Jargar dolces.

12. moe.moe

moe.moe

Jun 22, 2008
    Chicago
    PM'ed ya brother Cold! :)

13. ColdEye

Oct 22, 2015
    San Diego, CA
    Price now includes kellingsound88 harness and will ship.

14. ubernator

ubernator

Oct 30, 2004
    lost angels
    My remaining AIS lenses I cannot part with, I inherited them long ago, and the duplicate 55micro 3.5 I traded for a motor drive. My 28 series E took a fall and got sold cheap with my FE when it started to give partial exposures above 1/250. Pretty much just have 55micro2.8 and 80-200f4 and a 24mm 2.8 (might be pre a is) Ouch I could not part with them. All the rest are AF.

I used to do a lot of night shots in your neck of the woods, and actually worked at OPT on the telescope side from 2006-2011, maybe you came in while I was there?

Tempted by a cheap 5er but hoping to find a peavey foundation, not a fan of the paddles, but you never know. I think I have an older 80-200 f4.5 but it might be pre AIs, I used it as an autoguider with a celestron pixcel 255 (sbig st5 with better cooling OEM for celestron).

By your avatar pic and hope for AIS lens, you probably have much in common with my past and possible future as I feel the bug creeping back, even if only for band shots with my 30mm 1.8 and 50mm 1.4 AF lenses on my now obsolete decade plus old D50, assuming it still works and the batteries will take a charge after all this time, let alone availability of 2gb and smaller SD cards... And the fact I don't currently have a working computer...

Maybe at least talk shop sometime?

ColdEye likes this.
  15. ColdEye

Oct 22, 2015
    San Diego, CA
    Sold yesterday, forgot to update.

Actually just sold my digital, got a bit burned out. Using my almost 25 year old nikon f3. Managed to find some cheap series E lenses on the local Craigslist. Would love to talk to you about piggybacking lenses on telescope mounts. I tried a vixen polarie, cool for what it is but not really useful with what I wanted to do last year. Thinking of letting the 24mm go? I still need a WA. Access to a camera is nice, as long as the shutter is good doesnt matter if it's a decade old. My favorite was my Canon 1ds, got it for 300.

ubernator likes this.
  16. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 21, 2022