SX "Vintage Series" fretless neck: "Agave Blue"

Discussion in 'For Sale: Parts, Strings, and Accessories' started by JoeDaddio, May 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JoeDaddio

JoeDaddio Supporting Member

Hey folks,

Looking to unload this neck. I'd like to get $60 shipped for it. Paypal would be fine, but I just asked to get it confirmed, so it may be a day or two till you can make the payment (I'll keep ya posted, still learning this Paypal thing).

it's in good shape, hasn't been played all that much, and has the older style, Fender knock off headstock. If it were fretted I wouldn't be getting rid of it!

It's in great shape. There are two little blemishes: one is a small dent in the back of the headstock and the other is on the back edge of the headstock (looks like it rubbed against a corner).

I just adjusted the neck the other day and the truss rod turned easier than on my American P!

It's a pretty piece of wood, as well.

Please keep in mind: the price is for the *neck only.* There is no hardware included in the deal. I'm keepin the tuners!

Also: I haven't shipped a neck before, so if anyone can explain the best method (I was thinking in a tube w/bubble wrap) I'm all ears!

Pix:

Don't mind the dust:

[​IMG]

A lesson in bad lighting:

[​IMG]

And again:

[​IMG]

More dust:

[​IMG]

The fretboard:

[​IMG]

A little marring on the back edge of the headstock:

[​IMG]

A little dent:

[​IMG]

Check out mah nut:

[​IMG]

joe

2. stodgers

stodgers

Jul 10, 2005
    Columbus, MT
    Hey there - what are the materials? Maple/rosewood? Do you know the radius? I've got an Agave Blue Jazz I'd love to throw this on!

3. JoeDaddio

Couldn't tell you the radius, unfortunately, but the neck appears to be maple/rosewood. If anyone knows of a way to measure the radius with the tools one might find in their junk drawer I'll get er done.

Also, I believe it was called agave blue when I ordered it, but it seems to me to be a bit darker in color than the real Fender agave blue (though I don't have anything to compare it to in person). I will see if I can't get a shot of it in some better/brighter light just to be sure the color is close.

Cheers,

joe

4. stodgers

stodgers

Jul 10, 2005
    Columbus, MT
    PMed.

5. what is the width of the heel?

6. JoeDaddio

Sold.

Thanks for the interest everyone!

joe

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 24, 2021

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.