1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD SX "Vintage Series" Jazz Bass (old headstock)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by mgb71, Jun 29, 2014.

1. Price:
    $250
    Strings:
    I hate to do this but I'm selling my SX Jazz bass to pay some bills. I bought this used locally last year and it was in excellent condition but needed a little work to make it awesome (typical of SX basses). Here's what I did:

• Shielded the control cavities with conductive paint.
    • Replaced the pots with Alpha 500k solid shaft pots (linear for volume, audio for tone).
    • Replaced the stock push-on knobs with better quality ones with set screws.
    • Made a new pickguard. The original one was a poorly-fitting white one and the screw holes didn't all line up (it looks like they mis-drilled a couple of the screw holes at the factory).
    • Installed a Badass II bridge (I'll also include the original bridge).

This has an Ash body and a really nice flamed maple neck with the old headstock design. The bridge pickup is in the 70's position and the stock pickups sound great to me. There are a few scratches on the body but nothing major and there are a couple of holes where the bridge cover was mounted (I don't have the bridge cover). The truss rod works fine and the frets are in great shape. Overall this is a killer bass that plays better than any Squier I've tried and is on par with my Fender USA Jazz.

I'm also including a new Musician's Gear hard case that I bought a few months ago.

The weight of the bass is about 9 lbs.

$250 + actual shipping (paypal only)

[​IMG]

More photos can be seen here:
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/fd6j4cgmf81gt46/AAAn7JcnSVYfh_AF8PYlDm3Qa

Last edited: Jul 7, 2014
  2. bump

3. bump

4. UncleSim

UncleSim

Jul 1, 2014
    Do you still have it?