1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SX vs. Squier VM Jazz

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Kwesi, Mar 14, 2008.

1. SX Jazz

27 vote(s)
    29.7%
  2. Squier VM Jazz

64 vote(s)
    70.3%
  1. how does it pan out?

2. crkempton

crkempton

May 30, 2006
    Utah
    SX.... but only after modding it with the left over money you save. If they were both stock, VM Jazz.

3. envika

envika

Nov 27, 2007
    Bronx, NY
    The Squier VM is an awesome bass--not just "good for the money," it actually beat out several $5-600 basses at guitar center when i was out shopping for a new bass. it lost out (by VERY little) to my current thunderbird on tone, although it was much lighter and more comfortable. I haven't played the SX but frankly I wouldn't trust an instrument that I couldn't put heavy-gauge strings on without voiding the warranty.

4. 0175westwood29

0175westwood29

Sep 16, 2007
    random question wats the vm pbass like?

5. musicelectronix

musicelectronix

Jul 8, 2007
    Hüstın, TX
    Lead Designer, Zeibek Boutique Pedals
    +1 VM

These are the best bang for the buck

6. false404

false404

Aug 14, 2005
    I picked up a VM Jazz here on TB a little while ago & I was very impressed with it. Overall, the build quality is very good... the only thing I've noticed so far is a few uneven frets in the high registers. Of course, I did set the action pretty low... :bassist: The bass does have a bit of neckdive, but that doesn't bother me too much... Stock, the electronics are good, but I upgraded it with Hanewinkel pickups and an Audere JZ3 (both from here on TB!) and the bass just kills now! Next on the list of upgrades is a black BAII and some black tuners. I made some soundclips of it stock, and I'm going to make some new ones post-mod. I'll share once I'm done. This modding thing is kinda fun... :)

7. Taranis

Taranis

Aug 5, 2007
    I played the fretless at GC and was very impressed. Ebonol is not the most organic sounding stuff, but at $275 I, for one, could live with it. It seems to be an outstanding value.

8. Stock R

Stock R n00b

Dec 5, 2005
    Toronto/Ottawa
    Where did you get that idea from?

9. They both suck. Save your money and by a real bass!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!