1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SYB-5 hold function

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Swimming Bird, Nov 4, 2006.

1. Swimming Bird

Swimming Bird

Apr 18, 2006
    Wheaton MD
    Does the SYB-5 hold function work with no effect sound? I just want a note hold, but it doesn't appear to exist as a single effect.

2. xan

xan

Sep 10, 2004
    Perth, Australia
    as far as i know the syb-5 only holds a synthesised sound

3. The BurgerMeister

The BurgerMeister musician.

Apr 13, 2006
    Big Bear, CA
    i think the me50b has a note hold on it... where it'll hold out the unaffected note you play until you let your foot off of the expression pedal.... it's the only thing i know of that does it. the syb5 just holds the synthesized sound, as xan said.

4. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol

I think most mutieffects with a hold function can do it.
    My Korg AX-1B does.

5. The BurgerMeister

The BurgerMeister musician.

Apr 13, 2006
    Big Bear, CA

right on. my mistake!

hey! post #1,000! :)

6. Swimming Bird

Swimming Bird

Apr 18, 2006
    Wheaton MD
    Congrats.

Right, but I'm looking for it as a single, I like the effects I already have.

7. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    My DD-5 has a hold function.

8. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    I have the syb-5 and I was wondering about this too. I ended up doing it in a show. It wasn't totally clean, it was slightly "effected", but it was close enough for the quick and dirty. This is what I did, I turned the effect all the way down and the turned the direct up to the 3 o'clock position. Then I turned the the other two knobs all the way down. I had to noodle with different modes and I found that "6" worked best. Press the hold function and the since you've turned up the direct and turned down the effect you can hear the effect but it's really slight. It's not perfect, but it works.;)