1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SYDNEY GTG!!!

Discussion in 'Social Events and Get Togethers [BG]' started by adge, Sep 15, 2008.

1. adge

adge

Jun 8, 2006
    sydney, australia
    ok let's do this...

who's keen?

who's got ideas on when and what? i think we're ok for the where....

Im happy to help with the organising.. should we start a comitee of sorts? haha

2. slaerts

slaerts

Aug 3, 2006
    Hey, I'm willing to drive from Newcastle. I'm a school teacher so the school holidays would be better but any weekend is OK with me.

3. David1234

David1234

Jun 1, 2004
    Sydney, Australia
    Endorsing Artist: SWR Amplifiers
    Subscribed! I'm in!

4. ZH_Driver

ZH_Driver

Feb 22, 2007
    Sydney
    My ears have popped up... I'm keen.

5. evilgus

evilgus Supporting Member

Feb 27, 2006
    Sydney, Australia
    I'm keen, although I'm out of town on Sept 27/28 and Oct 11/12.

EG

6. adge

adge

Jun 8, 2006
    sydney, australia
    So, it'll be a saturday/sunday in oct im thinking...

does anyone have preferred dates? (Justin- saw your prefs)

im just waiting to hear back from Pete (petebass) if we can use his venue, if not his, it'll be at my venue...

also, if anyone has suggestions to help make this just the best darn GTG ever please speak up...

it will be held at a U18's friendly venue (not a pub etc) so i really want to encourage the younger sydney based TBer's to be there showing off their gear as well as learning and getting to play the older guys' gear... but in saying this, i dont see why us who are of legal drinking age cant enjoy a cold bevvy or two... ;)

more info to come....

7. ZH_Driver

ZH_Driver

Feb 22, 2007
    Sydney
    I'm keen for a Saturday arvo or evening (or both). Sunday is always out due to church commitments morning and evening. So that's my vote for times. As for dates, other than the first two weekends in Oct and the first one in Nov, it's all good.

Evilgus... will you bring along that ThunderFunk I see you've mentioned? I'd love to hear it! (Have ben planning to pop in to the Bass People to try one out but have not made it yet).

8. Petebass

Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    Adge, I'm on holidays until the end of this week, and I don't have access to my calendar etc.... I'll get on to this when I get back to Sydney.

9. evilgus

evilgus Supporting Member

Feb 27, 2006
    Sydney, Australia
    No problems, I'll bring along the Thunderfunk amp and one Acme cab, my MTD 535-24, my Dingwall ABII and even my Chapman Stick. Is that interesting enough kit for people? :)

EG

10. adge

adge

Jun 8, 2006
    sydney, australia

it may not be enough strings mate :D

11. Sounds cool.

I'll have to check the date nearer the time. I'm in a show that plays in October (not to mention other commitments...), so I'll see if it works out.

12. Aussie Mark

Aussie Mark I come from a land down under

Oct 26, 2002
    Sydney, Oz
    Endorsing Artist: Fender; O'Neill Amps; Cave Passive Pedals
    If the date works out, I'd be interested in the Sydney GTG.

Meanwhile, you Sydneyites should check the For Sale - International section for some basses I've got up for sale currently (Dargie Delight Bongo 4HS, Orville by Gibson Thunderbird, Rickerbacker 4003).

And, I'm in the market for a beater/workhorse Stingray with rosewood board.

13. if the timing permits i may come down. i'll bring a homemade 1x15, homemade bass and one or 2 holden/wasp amps (australian made valve amps made in the 60's and 70's)

14. Fellas,

I'm very keen for the GTG, but the last few saturdays in Oct are going to be no good for me as I've got a gig on the 18th in Manly, then the following 2 weekends one of my bands are recording. Early Nov would be awesome though and if it can be done, I'll drag down the entire Eden rig in my sig so you can have a crack at my array of 16 X 10's!

15. millerfreak

millerfreak

Jun 29, 2008
    can i come in? i dont have rigs though :s but it'll be awesome if im permitted to join you guys.

@adge: i like your ideas.

16. Petebass

Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    Of course you can! Bringing gear isn't compulsory. It sounds like there's going to be plenty of gear there already, so just turn up and play through as much of it as you can:)

At this stage the most likely venue is Pinnacle Rehearsal Studios in Homebush. They only opened recently so it's a fresh new venue and everything is still new, so it should be a pleasant environment where we will all feel comfortable, and under 18's won't have any drama's getting in. I've spoken the the owner Steve (great guy BTW, I've known him for years) and he's loving the idea of hosting the event.

OK lets discuss dates - Gruntollio Bass and I are both struggling to make it to anything in late Oct, so I'm also leaning towards early Nov. How does Sunday Nov 2 suit everybody?

17. soong

soong

May 10, 2007
    Sydney
    I'd be interested, ill bring my 6 banger, although my Hartke 2x10 rig may be an issue to transport...

Sunday sucks for people like myself with church commitments

18. soong

soong

May 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Ps can i bring my girlfriend? haha. (serious question)

19. Petebass

Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    That depends - is she hot? :) (just kidding)

Of course you can bring her! My then-girlfriend-now-wife came to the last one and enjoyed herself thoroughly. After all, us bass players are extremely nice people, even Adge! :)

20. adge

adge

Jun 8, 2006
    sydney, australia
    OI!!! hahaha

Nov 2 sounds good to me!!!