1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

synchronizing tap tempo on 2 delays

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by TOOL460002, Sep 16, 2008.

1. hey- was surfing ebay in the last month or two- and came upon a guy selling a device that would link an eventide timefactor with a boss dd-7 so as to synch the tap tempo. it was an unfinished box with 3 switch/button things on it- that would allow you to operate the timefactor remotely. i have since been unable to find it.

anyone have one of these- or something similar? looked for sound/video clips with no luck. ive got a dd-7 and am looking to get a timefactor in the next month or so- and this dual delay business sounds intriguing- or at least worth a shot before i ditch the dd-7.

2. crapusername

crapusername

Sep 26, 2005
    North Kent.UK
    endorsing artist: Dean guitars, Marshall , Rotosound strings
    i saw someone do something similar with two dd5s.
    Basically, he used a single tap pedal with a splitter in the output to two leads feeding the two pedals. It looked like one of those headphone type splitters - you know the plastic adaptor thing with one plug and two sockets.
    it certainly did the trick
    hope this helps

3. TaySte_2000

TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Endorsing Artist: Mojohand, Subdecay, Overwater, Matamp
    This will work, you need a non latching switch and luckily Boss pedals don't care about the polarity so set it to whatever the time factor prefers and either use a splitter or a A/B/Y box so you could tap either or both if you wanted and the boss will just work from a change of state regardless of polarity.

4. one more thought came to mind- i recall that the ebay tap tempo thing used 2 different types of cables. one was a standard instrument cable to the secondary delay- other one was something else- still 1/4" obviously- but had a special name. i realize this is pretty useless info- but- hey- maybe someone has seen the exact thing im talking about and will chime in.

it used this special/magical cable to control all 3 switches on the timefactor remotely. i would think its legit- since trying to scam people who own both a timefactor and a second delay would be rather specific- though certainly not out of the question.

5. TaySte_2000

TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Isn't it like a midi cable for the time factor?

Also could it be a TRS cable?

Surely the Time Factor on it's own must be able to manage what you are trying to accomplish with both it's an awesome bit of kit.

6. TRS! thank you- knew it was some three letter (probably) acronym. that info may help me find what im looking for- or at least let me clarify the project should i get something fabricated.

part of the draw for the gadget in question would be the ability to keep it at the back of the board- but you have a good point. if the timefactor can do this on its own- perhaps i should see if the tap tempo sync thing is worth pursuing before buying accessories for pedals i dont yet own.

only thing unresolved- can anyone point me at sound/video clips of dual- sync'ed delay? doesnt have to be bass. or- if youve done it and dont have clips- using an arbitrary scale- how cool was it?

7. rratajski

rratajski Commercial User

Jul 1, 2008
    Mount Laurel, NJ
    Builder for FUZZROCIOUS PEDALS
    I just sent an email to Brian Price for you over at www.loop-master.com. He should get back to me today...I'll let you know if he can make it.

8. TaySte_2000

TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Multi Tap is the term I think you are searching for when it's done in a single pedal basically it's 2 delays set to different times but muliples of each other it's a bit wierd to explina just try it on the Time Factor and see if it gets the sound you are after.

9. rratajski

rratajski Commercial User

Jul 1, 2008
    Mount Laurel, NJ
    Builder for FUZZROCIOUS PEDALS
    Brian just got back to me.

His mini tap temp foot switch is $30 (plus S&H). He stated that if you get a Y cable, you can control two effects at once with this.

http://www.loop-master.com

Best of luck!