1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

syncing pedals via external MIDI tap tempo

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Kobaia, Nov 28, 2010.

1. Kobaia

Kobaia

Oct 29, 2005
    Denton TX
    Endorsing Artist: Aguilar Amp Gruv Gear and Mono Cases
  2. pbfj84

pbfj84

Jun 30, 2007
    St. Louis, MO
    Not with the pitchfactor, as it doesn't have midi connectivity.

3. Erm... are you sure about that?

Pitchfactor.

4. kevteop

kevteop

Feb 12, 2008
    York, UK
    Ah but it only has out / thru and in.

:D

5. Wud

Wud

Apr 11, 2009
    Edit : gnasher1993 beat me to it -

You should be able to use that.
    Most modern MIDI devices that don't have a MIDI thru will offer you the choice of switching the MIDI out port to a thru port.
    Or will offer a "soft" thru that still goes out of the out port, but is filtered from the MIDI out data.
    This can help reduce the need for a dedicated thru box, but it does mean you can loose real time control capabilities when loosing the MIDI out (if you do switch the out to a thru)
    Having a multi MIDI thru can really help devices later in the MIDI chain keep up, as MIDI is rather sluggish when dealing with lots and lots of Control Changes, and Realtime Control systex data.

Lets get it straight, ALL Eventide pedals have MIDI!!!

http://www.eventide.com/AudioDivision/Products/StompBoxes/PitchFactor.aspx

Click on the "Specifications" Tab.

Edit #2 -

Could you not just use the Tap Tempo on the Eventide, and use MIDI to transmit that to the other devices ?
    The MIDI implementation has been improved recently, so the eventide Factor manuals are out of date with regards to MIDI.

6. pbfj84

pbfj84

Jun 30, 2007
    St. Louis, MO
    My mistake, I was looking at the pictures on musicians friend's website, which doesn't show midi ports....

7. Kobaia

Kobaia

Oct 29, 2005
    Denton TX
    Endorsing Artist: Aguilar Amp Gruv Gear and Mono Cases
    I'm trying to find out how controllable the M9 is via the moog MP-201. if its any thing like i'm thinking i might not even need the eventide. as the M9 has a basic harmonizer and a whammy esqe setting. which is all i'd use the Eventide for