synth and auto wah

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by nate 0 jt, Aug 19, 2001.

1. I have about 300-350 dollars, I am returning a volume pedal and a Boss SYB-3. I am looking for an auto wah and a synth. First, what is a good auto wah? And second what is a good synth? Does it have good tracking? Can you slap and tap with it? Thanks a lot. Nate M
  2. Consider a Line6 filter modeler. I don't know if that's the right name of this box, but it can do anything like wahs and synth-like filter effects and from what I've understood it tracks perfectly. Much much much better than the SYB-3.
  3. If you want a really good auto-wah/envelope filter how about the Lovetone Meatball? :) Just joking, those hings are quite expensive. For envelope filter, though, I've found DOD's FX25B to be effective. I'm assuming you want something more top of the line, though, don't you?
  4. Jake15

Jan 17, 2001
    USA, PA
    Boss has a bass synth, and auto wah pedal. I recomend them both. The synth is a bit more expensive.
  5. Tuomas

Mar 14, 2000
    Helsinki, Finland
    For autowah/envelope filter, I would probably go with the EBS pedal. I just forgot the name of that pedal but it is very good. A lot smaller, lighter and easier to use than the Mu-Tron III but just as good. For synth sounds I'd get the Akai Deep Impact SB1. Truly a great synth-pedal.
  6. oddentity

oddentity Supporting Member

Nov 20, 2000
    Yes, the Akai Deep Impact synth pedal rocks!!
  7. 6-stringer

6-stringer Guest

Feb 5, 2000
    The moogerfooger env. filter is wicked I have had mine for about 2 years and have no complaints at all with it. Hey, it's made by bob moog afterall. For a synth why not try a EH microsynth The old standby.
    No tracking problems, and great warbally sounds. Both of these units are a bit pricey, but well worth the extra scratch.