Synth Bass Effect

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by pshep68, Jan 19, 2018.

1. pshep68

pshep68

Sep 21, 2006
    Our band recently picked up the song 99 Red Balloons by Nena. Our keyboard player is using a Roland RD 800. We can find a decent match for the regular keyboard parts of the song, but I am playing the bass synth parts on my bass. Any suggestions as to a decent bass synth pedal that is relatively easy to use... that will help me emulate the bass synth of 99 Red Balloons?

2. BassBrass

BassBrass

Jul 6, 2009
    Boston MA
    there is no synth bass part on the cut, synth plays everything that sounds synthy, bass plays octaves and the basic refrain. If you mean the synth part at 0:33 etc, any old fuzz or overdrive into envelope pedal would do. I'd do it with ssbs Mini into Ashdown Dr. Green's Doctor's Note (or DGDN) or the EH Bassmicrosynth. All you really have to do to be authentic is back up the synth part with your regular bass sound. I count at least 3 synth sounds, the last one is really nice.

pshep68 likes this.
  3. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 28, 2021