Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

synth bass

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Gopher Bob, Sep 21, 2002.

1. Gopher Bob

Gopher Bob

Nov 24, 2001
    Florida
    Has anyone tried the Digitech Bass Synth pedal? I havn't seen any local music stores that sell them so i could try one out. I am looking for either an envelope filter or a synth pedal but i can't spend too much.

2. Tecx

Tecx Radio Rock Leads To Sterility

Jun 9, 2002
    Halifax, NS, Canada
  3. frederic b. hodshon

frederic b. hodshon Supporting Member

May 10, 2000
    Lake Forest, CA
    None.
    i had the SB7 for a while.

i switched to the roland v-bass.

YOW!

f

4. Tecx

Jun 9, 2002
    Halifax, NS, Canada
    Ya, fun stuff... But we is talking cheep... and V Bass is mucho greeno... If I had my pick at all it would DEFIANTLY be a EH Micro Bass Synthesizer. Older analog synths had a remote trigger input so you could hook a bass or guitar to it as a trigger. And that is what that pedal is, a analog synth without a keyboard... IT HAS SLIDERS, and is sexy as all hell... :cool:

Alex

5. Tecx

Jun 9, 2002
    Halifax, NS, Canada
    Here is the sexy beast... Oh yaoh... :p

6. Yup, it's a darn fine piece of synth... A little pricier than the Digitech though--by about $200! The new digitech synth wah is a really good, simple (and I'll be it digital) synth tool. For the price it's very good, not as sharp sounding as the Ibanez SB7 bass synth though. Which is good imo, it has (MUCH) more lowend then the Ibanez which makes it good for most band situations when the bassplayer has to play a bassline. It is as tonally virsitle as you can get for a pedal in that price range. There are drawbacks such as tweekability, but makes up for that in the variety of models. There are some noise issues at higher resonance. But overall I was very impressed, very nice pedal.