1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Synth/Fuzz sounds from Radioactive (Imagine Dragons)?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Paul Anderberg, Feb 25, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Paul Anderberg

Paul Anderberg

Feb 10, 2016
    So, what pedal will give me the synth sounds from the bassline in Radioactive (Imagine Dragons)? I'm looking at the EHX Bass MicroSynth, but I've never had to do synth bass before so I'm not sure if just any bass synth will do.

Or is it a fuzz? Can I get away with a JHS 4 Wheeler Fuzz?

Thank guys!

Last edited: Feb 25, 2016
  2. I'm pretty sure that those lines are played with an actual synth. I think you could get fairly close with an octaver>fuzz>filter that you can control the sweep of with either an expression pedal or hot hand or something. You'll probably want a gated fuzz for this as well. I don't think you can fake it with just fuzz you won't get the sweeps.

3. jumblemind

jumblemind I also answer to Bryan Supporting Member

Aug 27, 2011
    Knoxville
    You can get something like this with an EHX bass microsynth, but it would be overkill IMO and wouldn't get those quick wobbles. It's monophonic and would have trouble keeping clarity with quick notes.

I used to do this tune with a muff style fuzz and a Fuzzrocious Tremorslo (dual speed tremolo), which was perfect for the multispeed wobbles. If you already have the 4wheeler fuzz, that would work; you would need to add a tremolo or the filter suggestion above.