Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Synth pedal question

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by superbassman2000, Oct 28, 2005.

1. Hello all!

i am considering getting a synth pedal, and the sound i have in my head right now is something like either a taurus pedal or even the kind of bass pedal on a church organ...just a plain square wave!
    is there anything like that?

Charlie

2. I think you mean sine wave.
    Square wave has too many harmonics that makes it sound like if a fuzz is in the path... organ bass is closer to sine waves.

Just my 2 cents.

3. oh...i must be mistaken!
    well, either way, what i am thinking of is a sound like the bass pedals of a church organ, just a lot of bass, and no real tone and a bit synth sounding...does all this make sense?

surely you guys have heard the bass pedals of a church organ!

4. gillento

gillento

Oct 15, 2005
    Luxembourg, Europe
    Nordstrand pickups
    I don't know if there exists a single unit who does this. Some time ago, when I was looking for exactly the same thing (Taurus pedals) I ended up with the Roland PK5 midi footcontroller, and a separate analog synth module, the Waldorf Pulse. Very good!!

5. but i am looking to make my bass sound that way...i am not looking for actual foot pedals...

6. psi

psi

Mar 11, 2005
    New Jersey
    You can achieve this effect with the Roland V-bass system.

7. Kelly Coyle

Kelly Coyle Supporting Member

Nov 16, 2004
    Mankato, MN
    The EH Microsynth can do this.

A "slow gear" pedal (Guyatone makes one) plus a significant tone rolloff should do it, too.

I should PM you about other stuff.