1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Synth Question- Bass pedal content

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by NOVAX, May 20, 2012.

1. NOVAX

NOVAX

Feb 7, 2009
    Kalifornia
    Not sure where to put this. I picked up a Fatar MP113 and I have a Korg Electribe EA-1. The question is:
    Does anyone know an easy way to cop Taurus pedal sounds from the tribe? I feel like I'm close but want
    to know what the synth bass bass synth experts on TB think. Thanks in advance.

2. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    It won't be easy, if it's possible at all. The Taurus is 100% pure analog synthesizer, and the best you can do with a digital device is emulate the sounds. Not much different from modelling actually.

3. Welcome to the wonderfully frustrating world of Synthesis, like RickenBoogie sez you can get close but it will not be a cigar as there are inherent qualities of difference between any analog circuit compared to a digitally modeled or modified sound. To my ear there is always something more organic to the sound of an analog circuit, both a warmth and depth, that digital never really quite gets.

4. NOVAX

NOVAX

Feb 7, 2009
    Kalifornia
    I'm going to get a Minitaur and be done with it.

5. jbednarski

jbednarski

May 31, 2010
    Chicago area
    The Minitaur is great. You may also want to check out a Dave Smith Mopho module. less expensive and more sounds including lots of great bass settings, 100% analog.

6. NOVAX

NOVAX

Feb 7, 2009
    Kalifornia
    The Mopho looks nice, but the Moog is more likely to end my search. The Mopho kind of makes me gas for the Tetra.