Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Synth question

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Frengo, Nov 20, 2003.

1. Frengo

Frengo

Nov 2, 2003
    I was looking for a bass synth and I bought a Line 6 Filter Pro, tha rack version... but i'm not satisfied. It can't recognize notes below bass A and it makes a lot of hum, also when bypassed. Reading your threads, I'm attracted by the Akai Deep Impact, but I would like to know if it works well also with lower notes and if it makes noise... I have no way to try it before ordering...

2. Tritone

Tritone Supporting Member

Jan 24, 2002
    Santee, America
    Hi Frengo!

Lotsa discussion and a whole bunch of threads here on synth pedals. Use the search function and try "Deep Impact" or "Akai", etc, etc....I think you'll find the answers to your questions in there.

Having said that, the Deep Impact is a quiet pedal, supposedly it's true bypass (my ears tell me different...). it works well below "A", but be careful....lotsa sine wave action in some of the programs that'll rip your speakers to shreads.

FYI, the Korg G5 is the reigning champ for bass synth's so far, with the Akai coming in a close second.

3. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    on my six (strung beadgc) my low b still triggers notes. when i use my hipsot d-tuner to low a, the akai doesn't trigger Bb and A