Synthesizer effect (dancehall)

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by mosmute, Aug 30, 2003.

1. mosmute

mosmute

Apr 22, 2002
    canada
    i'm looking for a effect pedal that would make my bass sound like a bass synthesizer. i tried a few bass synthesizer pedals and didn't really find the sound i was looking for.

I'm looking for the classic dancehall reggae sound
    eg:
    http://www.jamrid.com/Sleng.htm

was i just not looking hard enough with those pedals?

2. I have always thought that site to be the coolest....awful handy resource IMO.
    Y'know...I really couldn't say how you'd cop that tone. I 'spose you should just keep demo-ing the multitude of "synth" pedals out there, maybe even focus on those cheap-ass multi-effectors that claim to offer a "bass synth" option. I say this because those tones (IMO) always seem to sound a tad cheesier than the more expensive models. I don't mean to sound like i am knocking that tone but it sort of has that "hokey" keyboard sound...one that i don't hear in most bass synth boxes going for more of that Moog, pipe organ thang. I dunno......?? Good luck.

3. mosmute

mosmute

Apr 22, 2002
    canada
    thanks for the advice,
    and by the way your opinion is 100% correct:Those tones are cheesy and hokey as hell.

but i still love it:D

4. egb41

egb41

Mar 26, 2003
    U.S.A OHIO Columbus
    I've heard only good things about the Akai Deep Impact pedal. I am looking for the same sound so I bought an Bass V Amp Big mistake. I don't know what the heck they were thinking when they called this patch a bass synth. Pure crap!!!!! Perhaps I have a defective unit, nonetheless I will be returning it. As was previously stated multi-effects just don't seem to do any effect really well. They usually end up being glorified tuners IMHO of course. YMMV etc.

5. Namaah

Namaah

Dec 21, 2002
    Bronx, NYC
    I agree with the Akai Deep Impact. I have it and I love it. Takes a little bit of getting used to it, but once you give it a try i hope u will love it. Usually MF has sales going on for around $100. I picked mine up off of ebay for like $110. I have only love for AKAI pedals, so if u have a chance to get it. DO IT.

6. mosmute

mosmute

Apr 22, 2002
    canada
    so you have one eh?

do you think i could get the sound that i'm lookin for?

are there lots of crazy sounds?
    i wish i could "test drive" one

7. Namaah

Namaah

Dec 21, 2002
    Bronx, NYC
    Dude, try this site. http://www.geocities.com/basseffects/ . I used this as a refrence when i was lookin for info on it. Click on akai and listen to the samples, or click on anything else for that matter. And http://www.buzzfox.com/ is another site i found REALLY usefull (and damn i ordered something from them and it was at my house next day from Cali to NY). At buzzfox they have the EHX Micro synth. I havnt tried it, it looks like you need to know what you are doing, but its EHX and when have u ever heard anything bad bout them. BUT the EHX synth is like $300 compaired to the Akai being 100ish. Well I hope i was of some help.