1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Synthy Catchy Sound Chain?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by TubeMaker, May 20, 2011.

1. TubeMaker

TubeMaker

Jan 30, 2011
    Hi y'all!

Is it possible to achieve this sound song1 song2 with a bass?
    Do you have any idea?

Thank you! :hyper:
    : )

2. EricssonB

EricssonB

Apr 5, 2011
    CoSpgs, CO.
    Thank you for hurting my face.

I'm probably going to say keyboards synths and/or sequencers. Ugh. You could just get some sort of dedicated synth pickup. Oh look, Google: Roland U.S. - GK-3B: Divided Bass Pickup

My friend had something like that for guitar. Was pretty rad.

*face hurts*

3. TubeMaker

TubeMaker

Jan 30, 2011
    I'd like to use pedal effetcs and not MIDI stuff If possibile

Hurting!:spit:
    :)

4. EricssonB

EricssonB

Apr 5, 2011
    CoSpgs, CO.
    I think the point I was trying to make is that these sounds are all synthesized. I use some sounds like it when I compose electronic stuff using FL Studio.

Unless you're using some sort of synth pedal, you probably won't be able to recreate them. I jumped straight to MIDI because it tracks much better - individual strings.

5. True: Standard stomp box synth's have shakey and unpredictable tracking. The Boss SYB-5 can do some of these tones, but it's tracking sucks.

I'm getting the Digitech Bass Synth Wah in the mail tomorrow. I messed around with one for about half an hour a few weeks ago and am anxious to get it on my rig. It can also do some of these tones on a budget.

Both of these options are the cheapest route to try and break into dub. However, niether are going to do those tones exactly. Just something similar.

Your best bet is a roland or korg multieffects processor or switching instruments to a synthesizer/keyboard.

6. Devo-lution

Devo-lution

Jun 24, 2009
    EHX synth tracks quite well...

7. kaputsport

kaputsport

Nov 14, 2007
    Carlisle, PA
    Atypical, not a typical...
    The Madonna track can be done with the SYB-5...

Ke$ha is going to be harder. I would do Octave into something like a wicked fuzz (wooly Mammoth or P+C)

Deep Impact might get there... Not sure though.

8. TubeMaker

TubeMaker

Jan 30, 2011
    -What is P+C?
    -What is Octave? Do you mean the pedal Octaver?

Thank you all really

9. TubeMaker

TubeMaker

Jan 30, 2011
    up

10. jaspercbass

jaspercbass

Sep 10, 2010
    chicago area
    P&C I would imagine is the Crowther Audio Prunes and Custard.

As for Octave, it would be any octave pedal that you wanted. I know John Davis uses the Boss OC-2 and he gets some wicked synth/dub sounds.

11. cracked_machine

cracked_machine

Jan 8, 2010
    Bristol
    The Markbass synth pedal can get those kind of tones, has good tracking and is programmable. Expensive tho.

But to get that whooshing pitch shift? Hmmm. Maybe the digitech whammy, but you'd probably want an auto sweep on the pitch to get that precision. Otherwise you'll be all over the shop....depending on how steady your foot is. I've not tried it yet. Holding out on a moogerfooger :D

12. gastric

gastric Professional product tester for hire

Jun 8, 2009
    Raleigh, NC
    Source Audio BETA tester
    The Kesha song will be the most difficult as it has a lot of difficult parameters. Specifically the pitch bend effect. You'll need some way to physically do the pitch bend. Fretless bass, Whammy, some other pitch bend, or way to pitch bend the oscillator tone in your synth box. Then you still have to hit the general overall synth tone.

13. moles

moles

Jan 24, 2007
    Winnipeg, MB
    Octavius Squeezer can do that portamento stuff.
    The first one sounded like you'd be better off with some octave *up* into a fuzz (just a little).
    Cheaper option, sans the portamento/glide effect ---> I'm pretty sure you could get a "close enough" sound happening out of a Digitech Bass Synth Wah.

14. Song 1 you can fake that synth sound with almost any bass synth but you may want to get a synth/harmonizer with a vol/wah pedal to gliss up and down from octave to octave instead of playing it with yur left hand. If so try the Digitech Whammy

- FYI song 2 is gone!