Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

System Of A Down Album Preview: Hypnotize Even Wilder Than Mezmerize

Discussion in 'News & PR' started by TalkBass, Oct 14, 2005.

1. TalkBass

TalkBass News Poster

Mar 12, 2004
    <p>According to bassist Shavo Odadjian, System of a Down had planned to open Hypnotize — the second half of the band's Mezmerize/ Hypnotize double LP — with the sweeping instrumental "Hezze." <a href="http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1511521/20051014/system_of_a_down.jhtml?headlines=true">Read more.</a></p>

2. Shavo may not be a flashy bassist, but man is he, and the whole band, tight! I saw them recently play with the Mars Volta (and Bad Acid Trip) in Philly at the old Spectrum. Now, I thought they would be good, but I wasn't expecting a lot. But they came out and played straight (no break) for 1hr 45min :eek: :bassist: - fans of their music know there's a lot of energy in each song so...

And did I mention they were tight? Yeah? Well they were. Relentlessly tight. Their drummer is a monster, by the way, too. By the end the crowd was exhausted; so much so they didn't seem to mind that there wasn't an encore.

I suggest seeing them for yourselves. I'll definitely see them again. Anyway, I felt the need to post about these guys. Undeniably talented (and tight ;) ).