1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

System Of A Down Album Preview: Hypnotize Even Wilder Than Mezmerize

Discussion in 'News & PR' started by TalkBass, Oct 14, 2005.

1. TalkBass

TalkBass News Poster

Mar 12, 2004
    <p>According to bassist Shavo Odadjian, System of a Down had planned to open Hypnotize — the second half of the band's Mezmerize/ Hypnotize double LP — with the sweeping instrumental "Hezze." <a href="http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1511521/20051014/system_of_a_down.jhtml?headlines=true">Read more.</a></p>

2. Shavo may not be a flashy bassist, but man is he, and the whole band, tight! I saw them recently play with the Mars Volta (and Bad Acid Trip) in Philly at the old Spectrum. Now, I thought they would be good, but I wasn't expecting a lot. But they came out and played straight (no break) for 1hr 45min :eek: :bassist: - fans of their music know there's a lot of energy in each song so...

And did I mention they were tight? Yeah? Well they were. Relentlessly tight. Their drummer is a monster, by the way, too. By the end the crowd was exhausted; so much so they didn't seem to mind that there wasn't an encore.

I suggest seeing them for yourselves. I'll definitely see them again. Anyway, I felt the need to post about these guys. Undeniably talented (and tight ;) ).