system of a down / beatles

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by godsmack, Sep 16, 2002.

1. Is it true that the main bass riff in aerials is the same as some beatles song... and which one is it?
  2. CaracasBass

Jun 16, 2001
    Madrid, Spain
    Could be............ there are only 12 notes, and music is recycling over and over........
  3. supergreg

Jan 20, 2002
    "It is HIGHLY advised that you take the time to consider which forum you put your threads in. Here are some guidelines:

Basses: This is where you post your questions regarding basses, such as different models, brands, etc.
    Amps: If you are interested in discussing all manner of amps, such as combos, heads, cabinets, etc., post here.
    Pickups: This forum deals with pickups, onboard preamps, and most electronics.
    Strings: This forum is for the discussion of strings. That's about it.
    Setup: This forum is for discussing the setup of your bass. This includes modifications, action, truss rod adjustment, intonation, etc. Please note that discussions about pickups belong in the Pickups forum, not here.
    Recordings: This forum is for discussing your favorite albums. Not to be confused with the Bassists forum.
    Recording Gear and Equipment: Post here about home and studio recording. Questions about microphones, multitracks, etc., can be answered here.
    General Instruction: Questions about musical theory and notation belong in this forum.
    Technique: If you want to know more about playing technique, such as slapping, tapping, picking or plucking, post here.
    Bassists: This is where you go to debate/discuss the finer points of any bass player, regardless of fame or talent.
    Miscellaneous: This is the "catch-all" forum for and MUSIC-RELATED topic, such as concerts, non-bass instruments, etc. Please note that non-music related threads belong in Off Topic.
    Effects: This forum deals with rack and pedal effects, preamps, etc.
    Bass Humor and Gig Stories: Check here for humorous jokes and sometimes not-so-humorous tales from the front.
    Off Topic: If it doesn't belong in any other forum, and it's not music related, it is discussed here."

Thats straight out of the FAQ. Check it out. Its really helpful to those of us who are pretty new here.
  4. supergreg- thanks for awsering my question :rolleyes:
  5. RedV

Mar 19, 2002
    Eustis, FL
    ...or MAYBE he's trying to point you in the RIGHT direction.

If this were posted in the PROPER forum...cough*RECORDINGS*:rolleyes:, maybe you would have recieved a more appropriate answer.

And oh, I dunno about the song, maybe someone in another forum might know:)

...something my mother used to say about catching flies with honey.....

6. Hey c'mon guys, lay off him. We've all posted in the wrong forums. It really shouldn't be that much of a concern to us unless our name is Jazzbo, john turner, or Gard.

ANd my name is John Turner ONLY on thursday nights. Don't ask....
  7. moley

Sep 5, 2002
    Hampshire, UK
    I don't know the System Of A Down song, but I do know all the Beatles ones, post an MP3 or something of the System Of A Down song and I'll tell ya which Beatles song it came from
  8. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    not me... :p