1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

System of a Down Reunite's for 2011

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by NOAH_FX, Nov 30, 2010.

1. NOAH_FX

NOAH_FX

Aug 12, 2010
    Ottawa, Canada
    I don't know about you lot, but systems one of my biggest influences... Ok.. it's my drummers biggest influence, which makes it mine lol.. Either way, sooo excited they might make the comeback to North America.. It might not happen, but i can hope right? More hope than I had last week anyway :p

2. OH BOY!

Frankly I think by falling off the radar they did the best thing for themselves. I was once a pretty big fan, but the gimmick got old. Saw them live once and was thoroughly dissapointed, although YMMV etc. Not making music out in the world of irrelevance is better than making desperate attempts to crawl out of it with minimal success. Ask Korn about that one.

3. i wouldent go but im happy to hear about it

4. gotta agree with lousy.. the gimmick wore off

5. I got their self titled album about 2 1/2 years before Sugar hit as a single, so I may have tired of them a bit more rapidly than some. I am not talking smack per se, if you have never seen them you might as well, but having seen a few of my favorite bands after their "comeback" it can be pretty depressing.

6. Richard G

Richard G

Jun 16, 2009
    i saw them live before ..not to impressed ....i saw an interview with them once on tv they got a real douchey machizmo thing going on with them....and the singer thinks everything he puts out is a god like.

7. Jonyak

Jonyak

Oct 2, 2007
    Ottawa, Ont
    I was listening to these guys in the 90's, to tell you the truth they kind of lost me with toxicity. and it got even worse when the guitar player started singing.

I had no idea they had broken up. hehe.

8. mikerophone

mikerophone

Mar 10, 2010
    Denver, CO
    the self-titled album is the only one i still listen to. they used to have a sort of punk edge, i remember thinking it was like if dead kennedys were a metal band, that pretty much vanished after that album.

9. Deluge Of Sound

Deluge Of Sound Banned

Nov 8, 2007
    Maine/Vermont
    I still listen to the S/T and Toxicity when the mood hits.

That said, I saw 'em in '01 and again in '05. It wasn't even close, the '01 show was exponentially more fun, both for the band and for the audience.

I'd like to go out to one of the reunion shows, if only because it'll be my ten-year SOAD anniversary.

10. I hope Darren won't do any lead vocals anymore(if they continue). But I doubt it. He should have let Serj sing more on their newer(ish) stuff. I think that's what really got them down.