1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

T-40 Buckers

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Rocinante_x1, May 30, 2007.

1. Rocinante_x1

Rocinante_x1 Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose Gold Supporting Member

Aug 22, 2004
    Washington State
    Does anyone know where i can get a set of the Peavey T-40 pickups, or one at very least?

2. luknfur

luknfur

Jan 14, 2004
    DIXIE
  3. lug

lug Supporting Member

Feb 11, 2005
    League City, Tx
  4. Nighttrain1127

Nighttrain1127 Supporting Member

Nov 27, 2004
    Near Worcester MA
    LUG Post this on the Peavey Bass support forum and Chip Todd will Leave you a Message on there how to contace him. He is the one that designed them in the first place and when he left he took every thing with him Bought it all from Peavey. So he has it all.

5. luknfur

luknfur

Jan 14, 2004
    DIXIE
    FWIW:

I don't see that as an unreasonable price at all for what it is - perhaps the high said of fair. T-40's typically go in the $50 range a piece and the tone pots are essentially proprietary and required to make the pups work as designed. Even the knobs are included and it's prewired so there's no question about what goes where (although I think PV has a diagram for it anyway) plus you get a pickgaurd (that could be used for a pattern if nothing else if that were of interest to the buyer).

I think that auction was opening bid was a selling price which means that's what it would have sold for in this case. The guy stated AS IS but he also said 100% working order so the AS IS is useless verbiage and he's accountable for it to working as advertised.

On the other hand an earlier pair of T-40's sold for $20 each (which is dirt cheap) but they were as is with no gaurantee and the only implication they worked being an Ohm reading which may have been a factory spec not the actually reading from the pup. My guess is they probably did work cause those pups are pretty bullet proof but if they didn't you got what you paid for.

Guys don't hesitate to drop $150 plus for a set of Nords/whatever and T-40's are good pups that are only available used and those tone pots to my knowledge are a hard find. Maybe this Todd dude has plenty of them but that's new to me.

Now this guy is piping pure smoke. That pup isn't worth anything to my knowledge. That would be a steep price for even the old Musician pups which I've only seen for sale once in 4 years - and that was in Europe.

http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?from=R40&_trksid=m37&satitle=Ibanez+bass+pickups&category0=

6. lug

lug Supporting Member

Feb 11, 2005
    League City, Tx
    :confused: I think you have me confused with Rocinante_x1? I already have 2 T-40's. :D

7. Rocinante_x1

Aug 22, 2004
    Washington State

Alright, I'll do that. I'm just looking for T-40 pickups, because i have a project bass, and i need some nice looking bass humbuckers.

8. Eilif

Eilif Holding it down in K-Town. Supporting Member

Oct 1, 2001
    Chicago
    If apprearance is a prime concern, take a look at these pups.

http://www.artecsound.com/pickups/index.html

Be sure to click on the individual pages, as alot of the pups aren't shown on the index page. Mcracer (a member here) can order you anything you want from there, and his prices are very reasonable. He says they sound great also.

9. Rocinante_x1

Aug 22, 2004
    Washington State
    Hey, Thank you LOTS.
    well, sound matters to me too. Looks are only second. lol I forgot to add sound as well, but I do know the T-40s sound great.

10. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 5, 2021