1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

T-40 Frankenbass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by lowbass68, Feb 18, 2008.

1. lowbass68

lowbass68

Feb 3, 2008
    Need opinion. Here is an image link to my next project bass.

http://members.aol.com/tx77833/t-40mod.jpg

All parts are from my junk box. T-40 neck, Schaller machines and Badass I bridge. The body is a homebuilt Zebrawood top laminated to an alder core. Pickups will be a pair of NOS (circa 85) Schaller dual J pickups that I bought a few years back from an old Kramer dealer. I just mounted the neck to see what it would look like, how it feels and what sound it had. I must say it has potential. Still need to notch the bridge for proper spacing, tweek the pickup routes, oil the body, wire it up and all that other final assembly stuff. Hopefully should complete by mid March. Finished weight looks to be around 6 pounds.
    Let me know your thoughts of thumbs Up or Down.

http://members.aol.com/tx77833/t-40mod.jpg

2. I like it! Are you going to put a finish on the body? It's very different looking.

3. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Works really well, actually.

4. StarscreamG1

StarscreamG1

Dec 17, 2007
    Wow, that looks cool. Are you going to leave it natural wood? That would look sweet. I can't wait to see this finished.

5. Definitely looking slick so far!

6. lowbass68

lowbass68

Feb 3, 2008
    Either oil or clear poly finish.

7. StarscreamG1

StarscreamG1

Dec 17, 2007
    Ahh ok. ^_^ I'm totally ignorant on building a bass/working with wood. That is going to be one really cool looking axe though when its done.

8. Showdown

Showdown Supporting Member

Jan 21, 2002
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Looks great! Nice job.

9. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Retired Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    ... and only one-fourth the weight of a T-40!

10. That looks great. I thought the neck alone would weigh 6lbs?? :)