Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

T-40 vs Jazz Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by steve2, Jun 13, 2002.

1. steve2

steve2

Sep 23, 2001
    Piney Flats, TN
    I just got my Peavey T-40 a couple of days ago and I took it to Church yesterday to play them thru our soundsystem along with my MIM J bass that has Custom 60's pups in it with Chromes flats on it. The T-40 has round wound strings. To me the Peavey did not have as clear of tone as the Jazz but man the out put blew the Jazz away. Not even close. My opinion is the Jazz Bass has the ultimate sound that i want but the T-40 is also very versitle. I am probably going to put Fender Flats on the T-40 in a couple of days probably Fender 9050's ML. Any opinions? I was so amazed how loud the Peavey was.

Thanks
    Steve

2. Yes...it's a very hot output. It's output is higher than any active bass I have.

Just experiment w/ rolling the tone knobs at 7, and then fine adjust. You'll know when you get to the point where they change thier wiring config. Use a bit more bridge P/U than neck, and figure out what position you like the phase at too. Man that thing can go HOONNNKKK.