Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

T.C. Electronic Chorus - impressions

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by ddnidd1, Mar 24, 2005.

1. I know the TC Electronic pedal chorus unit gets raves from guitarists. However in searching the TB posts, I really haven't found much in the way of reviews that apply to bass.

Any personal reviews of it's performance/sound will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance for any responses.

2. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Best chorus/vibrato ever. I love mine.
    The flanger is fine, just if you're into extreme wobbling it won't do it too well.

3. bassisten

bassisten

Sep 15, 2004
    Bergen, Norway
    Hi...!

I absolutely love it, it almost sounds analog and with knobs are nice.

It has been on my board for years! It never leaves, that´s for sure.

4. Are we talking about the chorus/flanger/pitch modulator? Or another chorus pedal?

5. bassisten

bassisten

Sep 15, 2004
    Bergen, Norway

Hi fellow Scandinavian!

Yeah, T.C. Chorus+ (chorus, pitch mod., flanger)... :smug:

6. I loved the one I had - very clean, good range of sounds. Unfortunately a previous owner had spilt Coke into it and the circuit board eventually corroded away...
    Now I'm using a Boss - it's OK but I wish I could afford another TC.

7. I'm still looking for the "right" vibrato/chorus/vibe-pedal fro that "Daniel Lanois drop-tuning bass strings guitar"-sound.

Heard swedish guitarist Johan Norberg using the chorus+ a week ago, and the sound was sweet. Too bad it's expensive som fan.

I actually had a BOSS VB-2 for a couple of days but had to sell it...i couldn't hold on to something that expensive now, could I :meh:

8. burk48237

burk48237 Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2004
    Oak Park, MI
    I've had the TC for years (bought it in the 80's), Still think it's the best analog Chorus/Flanger going, super reliable, quite, has a wide frequencie response. I use it a lot with my frettless, don't seem to use effects as much with my Metro. I've only heard one chorus that sounded better, that was a rack mount Lexicon in my recording studio the LXP15 I believe.