1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

T.C. Electronic Chorus - impressions

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by ddnidd1, Mar 24, 2005.

1. I know the TC Electronic pedal chorus unit gets raves from guitarists. However in searching the TB posts, I really haven't found much in the way of reviews that apply to bass.

Any personal reviews of it's performance/sound will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance for any responses.

2. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Supporting Member

Best chorus/vibrato ever. I love mine.
    The flanger is fine, just if you're into extreme wobbling it won't do it too well.

3. bassisten

bassisten

Sep 15, 2004
    Bergen, Norway
    Hi...!

I absolutely love it, it almost sounds analog and with knobs are nice.

It has been on my board for years! It never leaves, that´s for sure.

4. Are we talking about the chorus/flanger/pitch modulator? Or another chorus pedal?

5. bassisten

bassisten

Sep 15, 2004
    Bergen, Norway

Hi fellow Scandinavian!

Yeah, T.C. Chorus+ (chorus, pitch mod., flanger)... :smug:

6. I loved the one I had - very clean, good range of sounds. Unfortunately a previous owner had spilt Coke into it and the circuit board eventually corroded away...
    Now I'm using a Boss - it's OK but I wish I could afford another TC.

7. I'm still looking for the "right" vibrato/chorus/vibe-pedal fro that "Daniel Lanois drop-tuning bass strings guitar"-sound.

Heard swedish guitarist Johan Norberg using the chorus+ a week ago, and the sound was sweet. Too bad it's expensive som fan.

I actually had a BOSS VB-2 for a couple of days but had to sell it...i couldn't hold on to something that expensive now, could I :meh:

8. burk48237

burk48237 Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2004
    Oak Park, MI
    I've had the TC for years (bought it in the 80's), Still think it's the best analog Chorus/Flanger going, super reliable, quite, has a wide frequencie response. I use it a lot with my frettless, don't seem to use effects as much with my Metro. I've only heard one chorus that sounded better, that was a rack mount Lexicon in my recording studio the LXP15 I believe.