1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

T Funk 750A + Dr. Bass 2460 Neo = SONIC BLISS

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Yeh Mon, Feb 21, 2008.

1. Yeh Mon

Yeh Mon

Sep 13, 2007
    Northern Cal
    Endorsing Artist: Thunderfunk, Dr. Bass, Jan-Al Road & Touring Cases
    My Dr. Bass 2460 finally got here after much anticipation. My Thunderfunk 750-A, 9th one crafted, has been sitting for a month waiting to be played. Well, I play mostly Custom Shop Warwick Corvettes so I don't know what other basses would sound like but my current combination just kicks mortal hiney.:cool:

Straight out of the box, plugged into the 2460 cab with neo's and it was like a drop of heavenly syrup dripping slowly over my entire body. Almost everything is set level with just punch and clarity like nobody's business. I played for an hour straight and can't wait to wail some more. This is sonic bliss for me. :p:p

2. andvari7

andvari7

Aug 28, 2004
    Ennui
    Hey, uh, how loud does this setup get? Once I get some cake, I'm so buying a T-Funk (I might even take the two-hour drive to McHenry, IL, to go get it), but I don't know about the cabs.

3. Blues Cat

Blues Cat Payson Fanned Bass Strings Owner Commercial User

May 28, 2005
    Katy, Tx
    Payson Fanned Bass Strings Owner
    Lordy

4. Yeh Mon

Yeh Mon

Sep 13, 2007
    Northern Cal
    With the gain at around 4 and the volume at 2, I think I might have killed 4 of our saltwater fish that sit in aquarium in the back of the room. This set-up--the 750 with the Dr. Bass 2460 is EXACTLY what the doctor ordered. :hyper::hyper:

It isn't heavy. Not for a 3 way cab. I believe with the neo's it's around 52 lbs. It's so punchy and clear and when I thump that low E or pull the heck out of it, no farting, no distortion, just solid tone. The timbre and enhance knobs are all you need with everything else set basically flat. It's amazing. The 3 way cab is perfect for little gigs or big ones. It doesn't matter. This set-up is what I've been waiting for. The wait is over.:bassist::bassist::bassist:

5. koobie

koobie

Jul 11, 2007
    Portland OR
    Awesome, great that you've put together a killer rig. Those two and three-way DR. Bass cabs have had me interested for a while. For my somewhat retro tastes, the dedicated mid driver might be sharper, more defined than I prefer, but it sure seems like a great idea. Will have to check one out sometime.

6. Big String

Big String Supporting Member

Apr 22, 2000
    Northwest Indiana
    That is a really nice rig. Congrats.
    Do you have the standard Neo's or those Beyman upgrades?
    Is it 4 or 8 ohm ?
    Is it the 2460D or the 15" depth?
    Man.. that is a small cab too.. nice, and sparkley :cool:

7. RIM Basses

RIM Basses Custom Basses from the UK

Aug 6, 2006
    Luton Town
    Real nice looking setup, cant wait to hear my new 750 /Dr Bass rig when I decide what cab to have from the 12 I have coming. More bassists need to understand the sweet tone of the Thunderfunk/Dr Bass setup.

Cheers guys,

Robbie.

8. Yeh Mon

Yeh Mon

Sep 13, 2007
    Northern Cal
    Thanks guys. It's got the upgaded Beymas, standard depth, not the 2460D. It is small, man. Good small. 4 ohm all the way. Subtle movements of each knob can really do wonders. I mean it. Subtle changes that really can make a difference while recording and live for that matter. Both the head and cab are built like tanks. Both are extremely durable looking and feeling. I dig the cover of the DR. Bass cabs. No rat fur! This coating is great. I just finished a little recording time and the bass just cuts like a friggin' knife. Unbelievable. I think this setup could become extremely popular because for under $2500 U.S. it has everything you could possibly need or want and easy to transport. I've seen and heard rigs twice the cost that are twice the size, twice the weight and half the sound. T-Funk and Dr. Bass have a customer for life with me. The blue light is killer too! My daughter sure digs it too!!

9. Yeh Mon

Yeh Mon

Sep 13, 2007
    Northern Cal
    The blue light is perfect for dark stages.

Attached Files:

10. Big String

Big String Supporting Member

Apr 22, 2000
    Northwest Indiana
    Really nice Yeh Mon... the Kid is cute too! I was hoping the Emenice Neo's upgrade would be good enough.... The $400.00 upgrade to Beyma's is hefty.

11. Jazzdogg

Jazzdogg Less barking, more wagging!

Jul 29, 2006
    San Diego, CA
    Glad to read more positive reviews of the 2460 - you're describing just what I've been hearing when I play through mine!

But this Thunderfunk talk is giving me GAS! Between the Thunderfunk and a GBE, my checkbook is sure to suffer a significant hit in the not-too-distant future!

Please post again when you've had a chance to gig this pair :)

12. funkometer

funkometer Supporting Member

Jan 16, 2006
    Birmingham AL
    Hey Yeh Mon, I have a 750 as well, #16. Did you have a 550b before?

13. Yeh Mon

Yeh Mon

Sep 13, 2007
    Northern Cal
    No, I was playing SWR before. I basically went on the hunch after speaking with Dave Funk and Marc Serio. I researched the heck out of amps and cabinets and had only heard each on recordings. Never live and I actually never got to try either out. First time I've ever purchased high end music gear without even a demo. :p

14. Yeh Mon

Yeh Mon

Sep 13, 2007
    Northern Cal
    Well, GAS got the better of me ----AGAIN---I think I'm getting the 1260 to put on top of the 2460. I've been debating on getting the 112 LF but how could 2 3-way cabinets not just blow everything away? The 12 inch speaker has become my favorite all around speaker for bass. It used to be 10's but not with the 3-way configurations Dr. Bass is making. Marc is the man. The 2460 is so great that I can't even begin to imagine what this will be like. I'm also getting another T-Funk. I will use one for practice, set up at all times and the other for recording, taking out live, etc. I can bring the 1260 back and forth between home and the studio and have the complete and total kickass tone at home, easy to plug into and out live. The 2460 is awesome alone but I think adding a 1260 will put it over the top. Bass tone doesn't get any better than this...........:hyper: