T-Funk w/NV610??

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Scott Lynch, May 12, 2005.

1. Scott Lynch

Scott Lynch Supporting Member

Anybody tried this combo? I wonder how that tube switch matches up with an old school style sealed cab.
  2. jacove

Apr 12, 2003
    Aalborg, Denmark
    I gig regular with the TF and the NV610. It sounds really great, The TF is a bit tubey warm sounding and it blends nicely with the sweet punchy sound of the NV610. I haven't tried the TF with other cabs, but I'll soon have a Accu to compare with. If you want the vintage "sealed" cab sound I would definetely go with the Berg NV-series, these cabs are truly awesome. From what I've heard the TF sounds great with almost any cab.
  3. the dude

the dude Supporting Member

Sep 19, 2004
    I think it would be a great combo.

Here's something that's pretty equivalent.
  4. popinfresh

Dec 23, 2004
    Melbourne, Aus
    As the dude pointed out, Frankie pretty much just got that rig.

I may be heading this direction in the future if I go with Bergantino's, i'm looking at either a Sunn 300T, Aguilar 500, Ashdown Evo 500/900 or a nice TF to sit on top. I'l be going out to try all the amps soon to see what i like best, i'l keep you posted :)
  5. Plain Old Me

Plain Old Me

Dec 14, 2004
    Check out the Mesa 400+ and 400 as well, and also the Traynor YBA 200 if you don't need so many watts. The 300T is now the Fender Bassman Pro 300, so I assume you are buying used, so also look for an Ampeg SVT-II or SVT. Or a good used Trace V4/V6/V8/Quadravalve/Hexavalve. All are great tube amps in about the same price range.
  6. popinfresh

Dec 23, 2004
    Melbourne, Aus
    Plain Old, I really like the Mesa 400/+ but the only problem with it is that I can't have two channels (Well, dirty and clean at least), that's what i'm kinda looking for, so I can swap between o/d and clean mid songs. If I got the TF i'd be getting something like a Mesa bottle rocket to compramise lack of o/d.

The used market over here is small.. I've never seen a Traynor new or used, but am interested to try one. I did try a Ampeg SVT-II/Pro and didn't like it for the lack of clean headroom.
    An opportunity for a used Trace V8 came up not long ago and unfortunantly I missed out, i'm still regretting that.
    Hmmm, I have about 6 weeks to make a final decision, as at that time my current amp and Mesa 1516 will be gone. I hope I find something..
  7. the dude

the dude Supporting Member

Sep 19, 2004
    OD? Fulltone Bass Drive pedal!
  8. popinfresh

Dec 23, 2004
    Melbourne, Aus
    Sent PM's... Didn't want to hijack. :)
  9. alexclaber

alexclaber Commercial User

Jun 19, 2001
    Brighton, UK
    Director - Barefaced Ltd
    Seconded! An awesome pedal - can turn my SWR GP/QSC PLX/Acme rig from hi-fi to vintage to dirty to distorted. Effectively makes your rig THREE channel!