1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

T.L. Martinson Custom Basses

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by stepswork4me, May 6, 2010.

1. So, my custom T.L. Martinson arrived today. There has been much speculation over this bass and the builder. I must say that I'm happy with the purchase. The hand rubbed oil finish is nice. The fret work is clean; no rough edges. The nut is just barely high for my taste, but not horrible or difficult to play at all. The sound is good and the neck is comfortable. It plays well and after setting it up to my taste, I'm sure I'll love it. The intonation is just slightly off on the D and G strings, but no problem to take care of. There are no dead spots on the neck and it doesn't fret out. It balances well and has no neck dive. It is acoustically loud. Tom Martinson was easy to work with, friendly, honest, and service oriented. I will post pics and sound clips when I can. I will have to borrow a camera, as I gave mine to my father for his ebay buisness. Recording will happen later. I have to get the equipment and software to do so.

2. keep us updated...

3. Gladly.

4. monzamess

monzamess

Oct 22, 2009
    Middle Georgia
    Cool. Can't wait to see more. I was just playing around again tonight with my Martinson. It will become fretless when I get the time and guts to attempt it.

5. Dig. I'd like to see it when you're done.

6. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    Pics please! Or at least a link to pics of other basses by this builder. :)

7. jbalou02

jbalou02

Mar 8, 2010
    ???

8. Shadi

Shadi Supporting Member

Feb 22, 2008
    Carbondale, IL
    pics?

9. Sorry, I haven't been able to borrow a camera as of yet and won't have the equipment to record until next month. I can post some of the build pics, though.

346vnu1.
    newbasses013.
    fefc5g.
    dgqy3a.
    fc2lwo.

10. So, how did this turn out?

11. Simo98

Simo98

Jun 18, 2009
    QLD, Australia
    I'd also like to know :)

12. Evil Undead

Evil Undead

Oct 31, 2009
    The skeptic in me wonders if OP is unimpressed with the build...

13. :rollno::scowl::(:atoz::crying::bawl:

14. wat

15. I take it you are dissapointed?

16. monzamess

monzamess

Oct 22, 2009
    Middle Georgia
    I admit I really wanted this to work out, despite the builder's almost incoherent defensive posts over on another thread... what's up?

17. Expensive kindling? :smug:

18. Maaaaaaaaaaaaaan, Steps you've had some recent activity on the site. Could you at least take a sentence or two to clear up what's going on with the bass?

19. Since the cat's out of the bag... Repairable. I wanted to keep things anonymous and vague to keep the flames down. It's worse than I hoped for but better than it could be. Worth what I paid for it. And that's about all I'll say in public.