Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

T.M. Stevens Boom

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by BillyB_from_LZ, Jan 8, 2003.

1. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2000
    Chicago
    I've seen him in countless magazines and the concept of Funk Metal sounds cool to me...anybody have this disc? What do you think?

Also, if some one would like to sell theirs, please let me know!

2. JAUQO III-X

JAUQO III-X Banned

Jan 4, 2002
    CHICAGO,IL.
    Endorsing artist:see profile.
    TM's solo projects are driven with metal/funk he has about 6-7 solo CD's out and they are all Japanese Imports where he has his second home.check out his site at tmstevens.com

3. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    Boom was actually distributed in Germany (The Deep Purple tribute album as well IIRC), probably because he was a Warwick endorser at that time (he appeared in more Warwick ads in Germany than anybody else).

I like that album a lot. His version of Hair is pretty cool.

4. JAUQO III-X

JAUQO III-X Banned

Jan 4, 2002
    CHICAGO,IL.
    Endorsing artist:see profile.
    (Boom) Germany it was.

5. I bought "Boom" for £5 in a bargain basement in berwick street.

hmmm, I don't really like TM Steven's voice, and his songwriting doesn't grab me either.
    "Freedom" is a good song, though (reminiscent of Mother's finest), also the cover of "hair".

*EDIT*

I've been listening to it again- it's not bad, actually-
    some nice use of a Peavey Cyberbass on the beginning of the Purple rain-style track "The gift".

6. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2000
    Chicago
    bump...

Would anyone like to sell their copy?

7. JMX

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    No, sorry.

On a side note:

I saw Stevie Salas and T.M. Stevens last monday.
    Salas did a little tour to show he's still alive.
    Great gig, he even played stuff from his first alum Colorcode.
    T.M. was all attitude, as always, but nowadays he's a little to pattern oriented and sloppy for my taste. Also didn't like the sound of his new Cort signature basses too much.
    Brian Tichy was also billed as the drummer, but couldn't make it. I didn't catch the sub's name, but he wasn't that amazing anyway.

Funny thing was that their (German) sound guy was an old friend from my Lorian days. Small world!

The Merch offered Cort t-shirts and T.M.'s latest album - didn't buy it though.

8. This thread made me go look up my copy of Boom and put it in my CD player. Why thanks alot... :rolleyes:
    It sucks more than any other album in my collection suck (I could elaborate, but I'm not sure that I want to). I even prefer Paula Abdul's Spellbound. T.M. Stevens Out of Control Boom is the ultimate proof for the thesis "heavy metal and funk don't match".

9. JMX

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    Listening to any 24-7 SPYZ album will make you change your mind.

10. Alright, never heard of them, but I'll try to remember their name in the future. And if I had a functioning sound card, I would have done a search right now.

11. JMX

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    I just got TM's latest album, Shocka Zooloo, which is surprisingly good - much better than Boom.

I recommend checking it out.