1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

T-Rex Squeezer Settings

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by christianharger, Apr 22, 2010.

1. Hey all,

I just purchased a T-Rex Squeezer Compressor from a fellow TBer and I am awaiting its arrival (still have over a week before i get it :hyper:).

I am wondering if any of you Squeezer users would be willing to post the settings that you find the most compelling to you. This will be my second compressor, and I didn't really get into my first one (MXR Super Comp), so I suppose I don't really know what exactly I'm looking for in a compressor. I'm just excited to get it and experiment.

Any thoughts?

2. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    Check the FAQ linked in my sig to learn about the various controls. :)

3. Haha, yeah. I have read Bongo's woes of the Squeezer. I am just hoping mine treats me better than yours treated you.

4. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    I love mine, but just "copuing" my settings probably won't work for you. i'd suggest fully reading Bongo's comp info, learn what each knob does, intimately, and go easy with the Squeezer when you plug it in. A little goes a loooong way, and it's real easy to make it sound bad.

5. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    No, not the review--the FAQ! The review is just some opinions, but the FAQ is where you find the facts.

6. Ahhhhh, I see :rolleyes:

I will absolutely read over those things. Really, I'm just excited for it to come and needed a little conversation to relieve that anxiety.